Gathers resources, on behalf of those experiencing hunger, throughout the assigned Central and/or Eastern Kentucky counties to increase nutritious food access, activate financial support for the services provided by God’s Pantry Food Bank, and mobilize volunteers to assist with food pantry and meal program delivery.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Expand local food donations and retail/food service pick-up locations.
• Enable agency capacity and capability for more robust retail pick-up support.
• Guide order management and product mix improvements between partner Agencies, Food Bank, and Regional Distribution Centers.
• Assist Agency Services Manager with coordination of community wide support for a mobile food pantry system in underserved counties.
o Identify potential pantry locations.
o Develop support with local community leaders.
o Garner volunteer support.
• Build, with assistance from the Development Officer, local financial donor relationships and support for services provided through the Regional Distribution Center network.
• Aid Volunteer Coordinator in development of local volunteer capacity at Regional Distribution Centers. Ensure alignment with Warehouse Team Leader.
• Positively contribute to an organizational culture of safe and secure food handling and distribution.
• Maintain ServeSafe Manager Certification. Keep proper food safety and handling information current.
• Work cooperatively with constituents to achieve and sustain goals supporting the Food Bank mission.
• Seeks to gain a broader and deeper understanding for the causes of hunger and the strategies and tactics deployed by God’s Pantry Food Bank to close the unmet meal needs of those experiencing hunger.
• Stay abreast of current events and issues that may impact the Food Bank.
• Represent the Food Bank as a speaker before church groups, civic organizations and in other community forums to increase awareness and understanding of the work of God’s Pantry Food Bank. Ensure alignment of messaging with Community Engagement and Communications Manager.
• Support Events Coordinator, as needed, for delivery of local fund raising events.
• Provide, as requested, periodic local support on projects such as Boundless Collaboration, SNAP Outreach, Service Insights, Basket Brigade, Sharing Thanksgiving, etc.
Education and/or Experience:
A relevant bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years of sales, community development or similar experiences desired. Prior food banking or relevant Human/Social Services experience a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
• Concern for the issues of hunger along with an understanding of root causes and their solutions.
• Exceptional tenets of stewardship, integrity, and trust.
• Comfortable working in a creative, entrepreneurial environment with strong ability to adapt while organizing workflow.
• Demonstrated ability to understand, meet, and interact with a wide, diverse array of people, in order to develop strong lasting relationships.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, bi-lingual proficiency a plus.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of software products highly beneficial.
• Attention to detail.
• Valid driver’s license, safe driving record, and ability to travel locally on behalf of the Food Bank.
• Open to evening and weekend work, as needed, engaging others in support of God’s Pantry Food Bank.
• Ability to represent God’s Pantry at Community functions which interface with our mission.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K
Email is the preferred method of submission. Send resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
The mission of God’s Pantry Food Bank is to reduce hunger in Kentucky through community cooperation, making the best possible use of all available resources. GPFB collects and distributes donated food to agencies across Central and Eastern Kentucky.
God’s Pantry Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are hiring for a people across the state of Kentucky. We have locations and openings in Lexington, London, Morehead, and Prestonsburg.