The Receiving Coordinator is responsible for the accurate inspection, shipping, and receiving of all inventory. Assists with scheduled inventory counts. Keeps warehouse orderly and in accordance with sanitation standards to include AIB rules and regulations. Assists with communicating and working with volunteers as needed.
• Responsible for unloading/loading all inbound/outbound shipments safely, move product to storage locations or distribution, efficiently stack and store the product in the appropriate area.
• Check and count freight for accuracy, infestation and/or damage to incoming food donations and purchased food.
• Document and complete receiving logs
• Operate a forklift for the purpose of loading and unloading inbound and outbound trailers, for moving, locating, stacking and placement of inventory.
• Accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the forklifts and all other equipment
• Maintain an accurate and well-organized warehouse and receiving/shipping dock. This includes maintaining a clean; neat, and orderly work area. Maintain warehouse sanitation according to Feeding America (FA), AIB & FBR standards.
• Communicate any equipment maintenance needs to Operations management; this would include cleanliness, temperature, and proper operation of freezers and coolers.
• Utilize the current WMS application and/or RF technology equipment.
• Responsible for processing outbound delivery/loads with manifests/BOL created accurately.
• Assist with scheduled inventory counts as scheduled
• Other duties as assigned
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to push/pull 120lbs, carry 60lbs, lift 60lbs to waist and lift 40lbs overhead.
• Walking and standing for long periods, sitting intermittently
• Indoor office environment, occasionally; outdoor work environment frequently.
• Using office equipment such as computer, mouse, keyboard, printer occasionally
• Ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear and taste or smell
• Use specific vision abilities, including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
• Frequently operating and navigating a vehicle within rural communities.
• Ability to work in cold storage environments with temperatures ranging from 24 degrees Fahrenheit to –10 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Ability to represent FBR with professional poise and work effectively with a wide range of constituents
• Demonstrates compassion and sensitivity to vulnerable populations
• Excellent organizational, time management and follow-through skills
• Self-directed and results-oriented
• Proactive and independent problem solver
• Exercise independent judgment, think critically and strategically, collaborate with others and follow-through to execute projects and program requirements
• Strong customer service orientation
• Ability to communicate persuasively and articulately both verbally and in writing
• Knowledge of warehousing processes and how these processes are integrated into existing company practices and requirements.
• This job requires a high degree of organizational skills and ability to work effectively and efficiently on a daily basis with scheduling.
• Must be able to prioritize and perform position responsibilities accurately and to a deadline.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Minimum 2-4 years’ experience
• Experience operating warehouse equipment including sit down/stand up forklift and motoralized pallet jack
• Food warehouseing experience preferred
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language fluently, and communicate verbally and in writing at a professional level
• Computer skills to include RF technology, WMS, Outlook for email/calendar preferred
Expected Hours of Work:
This role is considered full-time working approximately 40 hours per week and is eligible for overtime for any hours worked over 40 in a workweek. Work schedules vary each week and consists of weekdays, evening and occasional Saturdays.
We offer great benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Flex Schedules and a Flexible Spending Account.
Please visit foodbankrockies.org/apply