The Prospect Research and Management Specialist will be a critical part of the strategic gifts team and is responsible for identifying major gift prospects and coordinating the prospect pool through the solicitation cycle. This position manages the major gift donor portfolio in Raiser’s Edge, ensuring its integrity and sound use by the strategic gifts team. This includes responsibility for extracting data for research, managing solicitor assignments, and entering data for the team. The Prospect Research and Management Specialist will provide timely reporting of fundraising data and solicitor actions to help guide and support the team’s strategic decisions. Ability to maintain confidentiality and the professional standards set forth for the field by the Association of Professional Researchers for Advancement (APRA).
• Support strategic gifts team through managing pipeline process, tracking donor activity, maintaining coding structure and database policies, identifying and researching prospects and reporting results.
• Conduct reactive and proactive prospect research and oversee the prospect management system to provide expertise and guidance to gift officers on best practices for prospect pool and portfolio maintenance.
• Analyze and prepare various levels of donor and prospect research reports including but not limited to research bios, briefs, and comprehensive profiles. Includes wealth screening analysis and validation.
• Assist and provide input in ranking donors/prospects and adding value to a teams’ relationship building strategies and recommendations for solicitations.
• Provide general research support to the Corporate, Foundation and Organization Giving team and work on special projects as needed.
• Review and refresh prospect pool each fiscal year adding leads and prospects with $5,000+ estimated capacity to relationship manager portfolios.
• Review and monitor local and national news and business publications to keep abreast of prospect information as well as business developments and economic trends.
• Create and maintain timely reporting to capture fundraising results and strategic gift portfolio performance.
• Assist with developing budget, goals, and performance measures for building the strategic gifts program and analyzing results.
• Provide queries and reports as requested by strategic gifts team, in order to track and analyze progress, and ensure the meeting of fiscal year goals.
• Perform other duties and participate in special projects as needed.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
• Two-three years of demonstrated success in prospect research, fundraising or donor relations.
• At least one-year experience in a Moves Management/Prospect Review process, including pipeline development and measuring success.
• Knowledge of prospect research industry standards and best practices.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to work independently and as a team.
• Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical and research skills, organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Experience in recognizing and assessing wealth indicators and giving capacity as well as identifying prospects.
• Proficiency with MS Office, including advanced Excel.
• Able to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately and with discretion.
Full range of benefits - medical, dental, vision, STD and LTD. There is a matching 401K.
Please apply directly on our website: https://solvehungertoday.org/about-us/join-our-team/
Who We Are: Our vision at Northern Illinois Food Bank is for everyone in Northern Illinois to have the food they need to thrive. A 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and proud member of Feeding America, we serve our neighbors in 13 counties with dignity, equity and convenience, providing 250,000 meals a day. We bring together manufacturers, local and corporate grocers, area farmers, corporations, foundations, and individuals who donate food and funding, and each week nearly 1,000 volunteers help us evaluate, repack, and distribute food. We also proudly partner with more than 900 food pantries, soup kitchens, shelters, and youth and senior feeding programs to provide nutritious food and resources. Our distribution centers are located in Geneva, Park City, Rockford and Joliet.