Programs Director position available in Denver, CO.
Would you like to make a difference in your community while pursuing your career passion? Food Bank of the Rockies is seeking a Programs Director to join our team! More than 65 million pounds of food flows through our operation every year feeding hungry families in our surrounding communities. We serve 30 counties in Colorado and the entire state of Wyoming and provide more than 134,000 meals each day to our friends and neighbors facing hunger. The Programs Director will assist and collaborate with the Chief Programs Officer in the overall planning, implementation, and evaluation of all hunger relief programs conducted by FBR’s Programs Department comprised of four Divisions: Agency Relations, Government Programs, Nutrition Network, and Outreach. Additionally, through a dotted line reporting structure, this role will provide support, oversight, and guidance to the FBR Program team.
What You’ll Do:
• Execute the strategic plan ensuring that fiscal year goals, program requirements and deadlines are met.
• Maintains thorough knowledge of FBR functions, operations, and regulations of hunger relief programs governed by Feeding America, IRS, USDA/FNS and State of Colorado and Wyoming.
• Provides daily leadership, guidance, and support to the (4) Division Managers by providing them with the resources to safely and effectively accomplish their individual and collective goals.
• Provide support and oversight to Programs staff in preparation of scheduled audits; recommends corrective action plans to bring compliance issues to resolution.
• Monitors and enhance department policies, processes, procedures, safe operational/food safety practices, and standards to ensure they are effective and streamlined.
• Conducts monthly Programs Advisory Council meetings; utilizing the council’s expertise to fullest capacity in strengthening FBR’s partnerships.
Ideal Candidates Will:
• Have a shared commitment and passion for fulfilling the mission of FBR
• Bring a strong customer service orientation and unparalleled commitment to excellence
• Be comfortable working in a small, but mighty organization
• Have a strong aptitude in researching, compiling and analyzing data
• Bring 5-7 years’ experience successfully leading program teams; non-profit experience preferred
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language fluently, and communicate verbally and in writing at a professional level
• Extensive experience using Microsoft Office Suite; advanced knowledge of Excel preferred
• Experience using collaborative tools for file storage and sharing, meeting scheduling, and virtual collaboration
• High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
Food Bank of the Rockies offers health insurance, paid time off, 10 paid holidays and a 401K plan.
Please apply today by emailing your resume and cover letter to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Food Bank of the Rockies works to make food security a reality for every Colorado family. 1 in 10 Coloradans and 1 in 6 Colorado kids struggle to find their next meal. We procure and distribute food and essentials from retailers, farmers, ranchers, food wholesalers, manufacturers, and the UDSA. We distribute this food through our direct service programs like mobile pantries, Kids Cafe, Totes of Hope and senior boxes. We work with partner agencies – soup kitchens, pantries and shelters to provide food for their programs and nourish our community. Working at Food Bank of the Rockies is more than “just a job”. Every day, your efforts help feed hungry people. And everyone in our organization contributes their skills so we can feed hope