The Program Coordinator – Field Service & Support position provides field and administrative support to the Direct Service Team including the Community Produce Program, Supplemental boxes, and Extra Helpings, and administrative support to the Senior Food Program, Food Assistance Program, and Food for Children program. This position has extensive interaction with diverse populations and requires a high level of professionalism with solid interpersonal and client service skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Support administrative needs of the Direct Service Coordinators.
• Data entry and support for Direct Service Programs.
• Assist with the monitoring, auditing, and reporting of Direct Service Programs.
• Supply ordering and making delivery arrangements for distribution site supplies (i.e. SFP applications, bags, gloves, etc.).
• Work directly with purchasing department to enhance nutritional value of menu options.
• Communicate with program partners and internal team (Operations, Logistics, Volunteer Department, etc.)
• Stays current on issues facing residents of low-income housing in Contra Costa and Solano County, and partners with Program Manager to meet evolving needs.
• Train and supervise volunteers to assist in food distribution and program administration.
• Learn all necessary facets of the Food Bank direct service programs in order to back up program coordinators and administrators as needed.
• Support in the field as needed Direct Services programs including CPP, FAP, FFC, SFP, and Extra Helpings.
• Other tasks as assigned.
• Associate’s Degree and one to two years related experience and/or training. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
• Valid CA driver’s license and insurance and ability to be covered under the Food Bank’s auto insurance policy. Use of own vehicle required with mileage reimbursed at the standard federal rate.
• High level of proficiency with MS Office (Word and Excel) and order processing systems.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• A high level of professionalism with solid interpersonal and client service skills.
• Treats people with respect; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity; upholds organizational values.
• Ability to synthesize and explain complex or diverse information, such as policy and impact.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, develop alternative solutions, and use reason even when dealing with emotional topics where only limited standardization exists.
• Basic math skills including ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive and extensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision, flexible spending account, 403(b), and paid leave to eligible employees. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
To Apply: Please send your resume and any supporting documents to [email protected] with the subject line: “Program Coordinator – Field Service & Support.” Email submission is preferred.
Or by mail to:
Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano
Attn: Human Resources
4010 Nelson Avenue
Concord, CA 94520
For more information about us, please visit: http://www.foodbankccs.org
This position requires ability to work some nights and weekends, outdoors, and in low-income areas. Job duties are 75% office, 25% field work. Use of personal vehicle for travel throughout Contra Costa and Solano counties is required with mileage reimbursed at the standard federal rate. In instances of a federal, state or locally declared emergency, Food Bank is typically considered an essential service and emergency responder; all of its employees may be called in to perform regular or emergent duties.