The Child Hunger Programs Coordinator is responsible for working directly with elementary, middle, and high school social workers to implement the BackPack Buddies and School Pantry Child Hunger Programs under the supervision of the Child Hunger Programs Manager. The CHP Coordinator is based primarily at Inter-Faith Food Shuttle’s Child Food Hub in Durham but travel to the Malone Center in Raleigh and other locations in our seven-county service area as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Establish and maintain program contractual agreements with each participating school in compliance with Feeding America National policies and procedures.
• Conduct Safe Food Handling Training for every participating school.
• Collaborate with school site coordinators and Operations Department to ensure effective and efficient program delivery.
• Submit program scheduling requests to Warehouse Manager to ensure timely deliveries.
• Coordinate distribution of nutrition education materials with the Community Health Education Team in support of Child Hunger Program.
• Ensure collection and maintain school data for each site’s distribution.
• Conduct program evaluations annually.
• Assist Manager in implementing sustainable growth plans for expanding current programs and executing new Child Hunger Programs.
• Provide grant proposals data and reporting metrics to Advancement Team as needed.
• Complete reports and projects as required in a timely manner.
• Provide excellent customer service to our school partners.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Very strong ability to prioritize and balance projects at various stages simultaneously.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Able to solve problems or overcome issues quickly and creatively.
• Commitment to the Food Shuttle mission
• Proven ability to work steadily and independently with minimum supervision.
• Ability to work positively in partnership as a team.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 Business Premium. (Publisher, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Working knowledge of Data Management Software and Inventory System (Salesforce) a plus.
• Ability to pass a criminal background check.
• North Carolina Driving License and clean driving record.
• ServSafe Certification a plus.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Frequent interaction with school administration, and community members. Computer work is expected. Extended evening or weekend hours as needed. Must be comfortable working in office, warehouse, and outdoor settings, in all weather conditions and temperatures can be anticipated.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: May be required to lift up to 50lbs within the responsibilities of their role. Ability to stand/work on your feet for long periods of time.
DIRECT REPORTS: None
• Food Shuttle Medical Benefits: The Food Shuttle currently contributes 65% of the employee only premium for the Core Medical Plan, 65% of the employee only Dental Plan, and 100% towards the employees Life Insurance.
• Simple IRA: The Food Shuttle Provides a matching contribution equal to 100% of the elective deferrals, up to a limit of 3% of the compensation for the calendar year.
• Paid Time Off: Fifteen (15) Paid Time Off (PTO) days annually.
• Paid Holidays: Ten (10) designated paid holidays per year, including your birthday.
TO APPLY: Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]
CLOSING DATE: May 24, 2021
Inter-Faith Food Shuttle is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to build a team of individuals from diverse cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences.
ABOUT US: Inter-Faith Food Shuttle pioneers innovative, transformative solutions designed to end hunger in our community. As a member of Feeding America, the Food Shuttle distributes nearly 6 million pounds of food per year, 40% of which is fresh produce. From Senior Grocery Bags, Backpack Buddies and School Pantries; Community Health Education and Mobile Markets; Catering and Culinary Job Training; and Urban Gardening and a 14-Acre Farm; we go directly to the point of need to empower people. We feed, teach, and grow to create a healthy and hunger-free North Carolina.