As a dedicated and resourceful professional who thrives on making a difference in the lives of others, you will be responsible for coordinating all administrative aspects of the Senior Food Program and Harvest to Home Program including publicity, outreach, distribution of application forms, enrollment, and monthly reports. The Senior Food Program provides seniors with non-perishable items, produce, and bread. The Harvest to Home Program provides fresh produce and bread to low-income housing complexes.
• Work with Food Bank staff, volunteers, and distribution sites to ensure effective, equitable, high-quality and safe distribution of food.
• Attend distributions on a regular rotation to monitor, provide supervision and feedback.
• Set program menus and interface with warehouse staff regarding appropriate levels of food for each site, incorporating client feedback and suggestions.
• Maintain accurate records (client participation, volunteer hours, site schedules, etc.).
• Train and supervise volunteers to assist in food distribution and program administration. Conduct group training meetings and appreciation activities.
• Investigate, address and track complaints from clients, volunteers and distribution sites.
• Assist in preparation of reports to funding sources.
• Proactively seek new site prospects and volunteers.
• Make recommendations and implement changes in volunteer leadership and program distribution sites when circumstances require it.
• Attend meetings pertaining to the communities the position serves (seniors, low-income housing, etc.).
• Maintain an understanding of the issues facing low-income seniors and those living in low-income housing in Contra Costa and Solano County, and partner with Program Manager to adapt program to meet evolving needs.
• Learn all facets of all Food Bank direct service programs in order to back up other Program Administrators as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Valid California driver’s license and insurance, and ability to be covered under the Food Bank’s auto insurance required.
• Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, and Excel) and Apple iOS.
• Ability to work under general supervision with limited guidance and direction.
• Ability to synthesize complex or diverse information; collect and research data and design work flow and procedures.
• Ability to read, interpret, write professional reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively before diverse groups of people.
• Knowledge of project management principles including development and coordination of plans, communication, collaboration, and time management.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, develop alternative solutions, and use reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive and extensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision, flexible spending account, 403(b), and paid leave to eligible employees. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Please send your resume and any supporting documents to [email protected] with the subject line: “Program Administrator – Senior Food and Harvest to Home.” Email submission is preferred. Or by mail to: Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano Attn: Human Resources 4010 Nelson Avenue Concord, CA 94520
For more information about us, please visit: http://www.foodbankccs.org
This is a full-time, non-exempt position