Food Bank of the Rockies is an evolving organization looking for a passionate and driven team member as we secure and distribute more than 70 million pounds of food each year, serving 30 counties in Colorado and the entire state of Wyoming, providing enough food for over 150,000 meals each day to our neighbors facing hunger. Team members enjoy a supportive and inclusive environment in an organization that is primed for growth.
The Procurement Manager is responsible for planning, goal-setting, strategy development, implementation, and evaluation of partnerships in order to acquire food and product donations for Food Bank of the Rockies. This role represents the Food Bank within the community and provides excellent service to our partner agencies, donors, and the public.
• Oversee the development, acquisition, and relationship of food and product donors for the food bank while managing the procurement department staff
• Guide the purchase of foods that supplement donations and other food inventory.
• Adapt food purchase policy to align such purchases with the mission of the Food Bank to eliminate hunger and promote nutritious food distribution in partnership with its member programs and the community.’ Develop quarterly and yearly plans for food and item acquisition based on strategic planning; including identification of target donors, donor recognition activities, performance metrics, and annual outcomes
• Develop and maintain good communications and relationships with retail partner store management to improve acquisition outcomes and ensure a high level of customer service
• Expand the acquisition of high-quality food including meat, produce, dairy, non-perishable, and salvage items
• Plan and manage as assigned the food acquisition budget to ensure responsible control overutilization of resources
• Evaluate and cultivate current, lapsed and prospective donors to secure donated items
• Work within the tracking system to effectively utilize the contact management tool, the ability to generate donor reports for tracking trends and volume, and the donor acknowledgment component
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Sitting and standing for long periods, walking intermittently
• Using office equipment such as computer, mouse, keyboard, printer
• Indoor office environment, frequently; outdoor work environment occasionally.
• Ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear and taste or smell
• Occasionally lift or move up to 40 pounds
• Use specific vision abilities, including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
• Frequently operating and navigating a vehicle within rural communities.
• Ability to represent Food Bank of the Rockies with professional poise and work effectively with a wide range of constituents
• Demonstrates compassion and sensitivity to vulnerable populations
• Excellent organizational, time management and follow-through skills
• Self-directed and results-oriented
• Proactive and independent problem solver
• Exercise independent judgment, think critically and strategically, collaborate with others and follow-through to execute projects and program requirements
• Strong customer service orientation
• Ability to communicate persuasively and articulately both verbally and in writing
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree a plus; or equivalent work-related experience.
• Minimum 3 years supervisory experience
• Minimum 3 years experience in Food Industry Sales or Grocery Retail preferred
• Non-profit experience preferred
• ServSafe certification is a plus
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language fluently, and communicate verbally and in writing at a professional level; bilingual (Spanish) strongly preferred
• Extensive experience using Microsoft Office Suite and online technologies
• Experience using collaborative tools for file storage and sharing, meeting scheduling, and virtual collaboration preferred; prior experience with SmartSheet a plus
• Must have reliable transportation, valid CO driver’s license, and proof of insurance
Food Bank of the Rockies offers a competitive benefits package including health insurance, paid time off, paid holidays and a 401K plan.
We value diversity and inclusivity and is thus always looking to diversify our staff with an eye toward race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, and age, among other areas. Candidates who bring such diversity are encouraged to apply.
Every one of our employees is a critical part of our success. Will you be the next one to join our team? Please visit foodbankrockies.org/apply and apply today.