As one of the largest Food Banks in the United States, Food Bank of the Rockies is passionate about ensuring every community member has the resources they need to thrive. Supporting our Colorado and Wyoming communities begins with passionate, mission-driven individuals.
As part of Human Resources, our People and Culture Manager plays an essential role in supporting staff across Colorado and Wyoming. Responsibilities include benefits administration, employee relations, recruiting, compliance, training & development, and engagement.
If you are looking for a mission-focused organization where innovation and teamwork are encouraged and new ideas are valued, then this is an ideal position for you.
We value diversity and inclusivity and are thus always looking to diversify our staff with an eye toward race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, and age, among other areas. Candidates who bring such diversity are encouraged to apply.
• Responsible for performing all HR-related duties and working closely with every department and distribution center.
• Supervise the administrative functions of People & Culture, including Office Coordinator and Receptionist/People & Culture Admin roles
• Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legislation pertaining to employment matters
• Coach and provide guidance and training for direct reports, supervisors, managers, and staff
• Serve as the first point of contact for all employee relations issues/concerns
• Conduct benefit information meetings and assist employees with enrollments or changes
• Manage worker's compensation claims, working closely with Safety Manager to trend injuries and provide training as needed
• Assist with the annual review process to include preparation, training, and administration
• Assist in maintaining job descriptions and compensation ranges and benchmarking using trusted and relevant data sources
• Provide support on all aspects of talent acquisition and employee onboarding
• Assists with coordination of special projects and events, including benefits open enrollment, recognition events, performance appraisals, and training
• Maintain internal HRIS system and other E-service systems
• Work closely with the payroll department to ensure proper input and communication of employee pay and benefits.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Commitment to fulfilling the Food Bank of the Rockies mission and positively representing the brand both internally and externally
• Knowledge of principles and procedures for benefits, employee relations, recruitment, and compensation
• Ability to translate organizational values of diversity, inclusivity, and equity into HR and other administrative practices
• Ability to manage relationships with employees and other leaders of the organization; serve as a trusted partner and subject matter expert
• Ability to handle confidential information professionally, respecting employee privacy while maintaining company confidentiality
• Ability to professionally communicate verbally and in writing
• Self-directed, accountable for results, and proactive; independent problem solver
• Ability to use logic and reasoning when investigating issues and to determine a solution
• Minimum of 5 years experience in human resources
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field; or equivalent work experience
• Previous supervisory experience preferred
• Bilingual strongly preferred
• ADP experience is a plus
Expected Hours of Work: This role is full-time, exempt position. A flexible work schedule is available. Overnight travel may be required to visit branch locations (less than 5%).
Medical, dental, and vision
401(k) Retirement plan with 4.5% company match
PTO, paid sick leave, paid holidays
Thinking about applying?
True passion and excitement for making an impact are just as important as work experience. We encourage you to apply even if you feel you don't check every box in this posting.
APPLY ONLINE: www.foodbankrockies.org
Since 1978, we have put the power of community to work for our neighbors in need, partnering with national organizations, local food pantries, donors, and volunteers. Across Colorado and Wyoming, we work every single day to nourish people and help communities thrive.
We ignite the power of community to nourish people facing hunger.