We are hiring for a full-time job to join the Agency & Program Services department at Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle TN. The Partnership Manager develops and maintains positive relationships with Partner Agencies and non-traditional partners within territory with the goal of fulfilling Second Harvest’s mission.
- Provides subject matter expertise on county needs and potential for growth, current Partner Agency structure and capacity as well as existing and potential community partners within territory.
- Maintains a strong service orientation in responding to the needs of all partners in our service area.
- Assists current Partner Agencies with increasing their capacity to serve the community – potential to implement Client’s Choice, utilize available government food programs, expand services, and more.
- Attends and organizes territory county meetings to gain knowledge and form partnerships as needed – client focus groups, local government, coordinated school health, workforce groups, other local non-profits, existing Partner Agencies, etc. Develops strategic partnerships with current and potential Partner Agencies and non-traditional partners to meet identified outstanding needs within territory.
- Collaborates with internal Ending Hunger team to provide territory county knowledge and connections as needed. Collaborates with internal departments to achieve food distribution goals.
When & Where: Typical Monday – Friday daytime schedule to work from 8 AM – 4:30 PM primarily in a travel capacity and out of our distribution center in Nashville, TN. Regular daytime travel up to 80% of workweek within the local service area. Occasional duties may be necessary, as well as responding to issues, outside of normal working hours (e.g., disaster response, community events, etc).
Education: High School Diploma (or equivalent) required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Experience: 2+ years of related experience and/or training required.
Skills: Genuine compassion and appreciation for hunger issues and Second Harvest’s mission; public speaking and networking; communicates in a concise, grammatically correct, and logical manner; superior customer service skills that guide all parties to a desired solution; seamlessly interacts with diverse communities; researches and coordinates resources, as well as analyze and interpret demographic/geographic/other relevant data sets; determines projected goals and adjusts; impeccable attention to detail; computer program proficiency and ability to learn new software.
Other requirements: our pre-hire process requires acceptable results from the following: professional reference feedback, criminal background, Motor Vehicle Record and a pre-employment drug test. Current Driver’s License and automobile insurance are also required. Criminal backgrounds are evaluated on a case-by-case basis considering several factors (timing, frequency, severity and job relation).
What Second Harvest has to offer:
Work with a purpose: As one of Middle Tennessee’s largest nonprofits, our local hunger relief work is uniquely rewarding, hands-on and solutions-oriented. We are innovative, mission-focused, diverse, collaborative, values-driven and focused on results. Our mission is to feed hungry people and work to solve hunger issues in our community. In the 2020 fiscal year, we distributed more than 41 million pounds of food to more than 460 Partner Agencies, providing more than 36.9 million meals to hungry children, families, and seniors throughout our 46-county service area. A career with Second Harvest ensures that you not only earn a paycheck, but also help your local community through meaningful work. If you are passionate about serving your neighbors in need and are committed to our mission of ending hunger, we invite you to join our 120+ person team in the fight against hunger, as we work to achieve our vision of a hunger free community.
Award-winning workplace: we are a best-in-class workplace because we are passionate and people-focused – we listen, respect, care and challenge each other, so that our community can count on us for our critical work. Our employees have identified us among The Tennessean’s Top Workplaces seven times based solely on employee surveys and feedback. We are invested in our team and offer frequent whole-person wellness opportunities through our Harvest Wellbeing Program. We focus on staff physical and mental health, financial empowerment, personal and professional development as well as social and community engagement. There is ample opportunity to be engaged and grow with Second Harvest.
Compensation & Benefits: Second Harvest is proud to offer rich and affordable total compensation packages. Total compensation for full-time employment includes many benefits, in addition to base pay. The time off policies include: 10 holidays, 12+ vacation, 12+ sick and personal time as required by law. Traditional benefits offered include medical (employee-only coverage paid 100% by employer) dental and vision. Additional available benefits include retirement (with a generous employer match), disability insurance (short and long-term), life insurance as well as long-term care insurance.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity: Second Harvest embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we serve. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented and diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential. We provide equal employment to all applicants and employees regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or other legally protected characteristics.
Think this sounds like a role and workplace where you would thrive? Apply now!
You can express interest in joining our team, in any of the following ways:
- Online: employment application on our website - http://www.secondharvestmidtn.org/job-opportunities/?gnk=apply&gni=8a78…. Resume and cover letter can be uploaded with applications on the website as well.
- Email: Resume and cover letter can be sent to our Human Resources team at [email protected].
- In person: applications can be completed by visiting us on-site at any of our distribution centers, locations can be found on our website at https://www.secondharvestmidtn.org/contact/.
Thanks for your interest in working for Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle TN. We love it here and think you will too.