Do you want to join a team whose vision is to provide enough food all in your community? If yes, then this is the job for you! In this position, you will contribute to building a strategic, dynamic, network partner centered approach to distributing food and other essential services to community members experiencing food insecurity. Primary responsibilities will include building relationships with hunger-relief programs, ensuring partner compliance, developing capacity of the network, and serving as an advocate for the people, partners and communities served by the Foodbank. This position will support initiatives to increase access to charitable food and monitor, connect and deploy network capacity building opportunities.
1. Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure prompt, effective and thoughtful customer service to safeguard the Foodbank and the network partner experience.
2. Ensure network partner accounts throughout the eight-county region are meeting compliance standards through site reviews driven by Foodbank policies and standards of service; prepare materials for external audits and other interactions as needed.
3. Support the recruitment and retention of hunger-relief programs in the Foodbank’s service area with the goal of increasing access to charitable food assistance.
4. Collaborate with network partner representatives to identify opportunities to maximize their relationship with the Foodbank.
5. Maintain current, concise and detailed documentation on network partner related matters including but not limited to site review documentation, hard copy files, electronic filing, and Primarius accounts.
6. Communicate the Foodbank brand, solicit agency opinions and provide direct feedback to maximize the partnership between the agency and the Foodbank.
7. Support capacity building initiatives to ensure compliance with funder requirements and coordination with the needs of the hunger-relief network.
8. Support the execution of departmental and network communications in coordination with department leadership.
9. Demonstrate knowledge about the communities served by the Foodbank and serve as an effective and informed Foodbank liaison.
10. Establish rapport and product confidence with agencies.
11. Assist in resolving complex and sensitive customer service issues, either personally, by phone or in writing; maintain records and documents of customer service issues or involve leadership to ensure appropriate resolution.
12. Enter and maintain agency statistics, records and monitoring information in the Foodbank Management System, Primarius
13. Answer incoming calls and provide guidance to Network Partners.
Bachelor’s Degree from four-year College or University, preferred; social sciences, health education, psychology, sociology, public administration degree, preferred. One to three years of community organizing or customer service preferred; excellent project management and organizational ability; must be able to discern work priorities and meet deadlines with little supervision and be willing to travel throughout the eight-county service region daily; proficient in preparing and executing effective communication strategies, both verbal and written, to a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders; experience working with clients in a social service setting; proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, as well as Google Docs; experience with Access, WordPress or Salesforce or other database software desirable; ability to develop cooperation and teamwork while participating in a group of people, working toward solutions to benefit all involved parties; ability to work overtime and weekends, as needed; commitment to understanding and supporting the Foodbank’s mission, showing compassion and appreciation for hunger issues.
Come join an organization that makes a difference in the lives of others! The Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank is proud to be a six time recipient of the NorthCoast99 award, which showcases our Foodbank as one of the top 99 places to work in Northeast Ohio. We offer a warm and loving culture filled with opportunities to grow and develop your career, competitive benefits and compensation, 9 paid Holidays and a generous paid time off program that begins on day one!
Please submit resumes to [email protected] and include the following information in your cover letter:
1. Summary of your background and experience
2. Explanation of how you connect to our mission
3. Explanation of why you are the best fit for this position
4. Salary requirements
5. Contact information and best time to reach you
The Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank was formed in 1982 by a group of community leaders who made a commitment to provide emergency food to our neighbors in need. Today, the Foodbank provides food and other essential items to member hunger-relief programs in eight Northeast Ohio counties: Carroll, Holmes, Medina, Portage, Stark, Summit, Tuscarawas and Wayne. These member programs operate nearly 500 food pantries, hot meal sites, shelters and other hunger-relief programs in the neighborhoods and communities where people need food.