Provide pick-up and delivery of food and related products in a safe, professional, timely and courteous manner. Maintain assigned Fleet Vehicles with care and in accord with cost-effective guidelines. Maximize the distribution of food and other products in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Pick up food and related products at Donors’ locations, deliver orders to participating agencies’ locations and operate Mobile Market according to assigned schedules.
- Act and drive professionally and safely, following all Illinois Highway Department Rules and Guidelines and all Food Bank operating policies and procedures and any other law that may apply.
- Conduct safety and maintenance inspection of truck (s), trailer (s) before leaving each day and report any problems to Supervisor.
- Maintain assigned vehicles in clean condition.
- Provide loading/unloading trucks/trailers as required.
- Handle creation and submission of appropriate paper work as required, including the maintenance of a Driver’s Daily Log, Vehicle Trip Reports and any other Reports that be specified by Food Bank management.
- Is responsible to adhering to the food safety standards established by Northern Illinois Food Bank as outlined by Feeding America and per AIB accreditation. This includes all
- applicable training.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience
- DOT Regulated position and requires a medical card.
- High School Degree or GED equivalent.
- Knowledge of truck maintenance
- Certifiable on powered industrial lift trucks
- Able to receive and follow instructions
- Ability to read and write and perform simple mathematical calculations (e.g. add, subtract, multiply, divide etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to give instruction and follow-up on progress
- Possess a valid Class B State of Illinois driver’s license with a clean driving record.
Northern Illinois Food Bank – a proud member of Feeding America – is the source of nutritious food, innovative feeding programs, and hope for more than 71,500 people each week. As a 501©3 non-profit organization with a goal of solving hunger in our 13-county service area, we rely on generous donors, volunteers, and community partners – the local food pantries and feeding programs, food manufacturers and retailers, companies, foundations, and individuals who join with us in our vision for no one to be hungry in Northern Illinois.
This job operates both in and out of doors and sometimes is performed under adverse weather conditions. The work involves frequent driving.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to remain in a stationary position one to two hours at a time while driving. Employee will be required to
frequently move 50 to 75 pounds. Employee must be able to ascend/descend in and out of a semi-tractor trailer, operate a hand jack and be able to push and pull 200-2000 lbs. using a hand jack.
This is a PART TIME position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Saturday