The Community FoodBank of NJ is looking for an Operations Manager to join our Operations Team. This role will report directly to the Vice President of Operations and is located in the Egg Harbor Township, NJ office. The person in this role will provide leadership for all areas of operations, including distribution, receiving, transportation and warehouse, including order picking and product sorting. This person will also mentor and supervise operations supervisors and non-management staff including warehouse associates and drivers.
- Supervise direct reporting staff according to overall company policy which includes hiring and training new staff; setting associate goals and objectives; developing staff to maximize potential; and monitoring staff performance including performance reviews.
- Supervise operations supervisors, including setting performance goals, monitoring performance and conducting annual reviews.
- Maintain accurate and current knowledge of compliance issues for CFBNJ policies, environmental and food safety regulations, industry practices, state, local, and federal regulatory bodies (Feeding America, AIB, USDA, FDA, HACCP, Health Department, etc).
- Supervise all safety of dock and warehouse operations including all lift equipment and trucks, which includes training, certification, equipment maintenance, equipment, and temperature logs.
- Work directly with Inventory Control Coordinator to ensure accurate inventory controls are in place, being followed and inventory is +/- 1% variance. Annually review and update department SOPs and AIB Programs.
- At least five years of experience in distribution or warehouse management.
- At least three years of supervision experience.
- Proficient verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical ability in order to gather and interpret information and develop, recommend, and implement solutions.
- One-year minimum experience in forklift operation and other materials-handling equipment.
- Excellent computer skills in excel, word, power point.
- Working knowledge of CERES, and Road Net systems.
Medical, dental and vision coverage, along with an FSA program, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance and 401k plan.
Please submit a resume and salary requirements to [email protected].
The Community FoodBank of New Jersey (CFBNJ), a member of Feeding America®, has been delivering food, help and hope across the state for over 40 years. Last year, CFBNJ provided nutritious food for over 55 million meals through its network of more than 1,000 community partners including pantries, soup kitchens, emergency shelters, mobile pantries, and child and senior feeding programs. Accompanying this, CFBNJ also provides vital programming as a frontline defense against hunger, helping families make ends meet and stretch food dollars further to alleviate food insecurity and improve health. For our hungry neighbors, the CFBNJ is the powerful agent of change that fills the emptiness caused by hunger and provides resources that are essential to earning a sustainable living.