This position provides prompt and friendly customer service in the Agency Checkout Area while maintaining a safe and clean environment for agencies and volunteers to shop and work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure that the agency checkout process is operated both efficiently and effectively.
• Verify that customers are with approved agencies to shop Ensure a safe, efficient and well-stocked shopping floor.
• Ensure that like products are staged together and all products are clearly marked with accurate pricing.
• Coordinate with Inventory Specialist to identify stock to move to the floor for sale.
• Empty trash cans, recycle cardboard, and dispose of any unusable product with proper documentation. Wash equipment (trash cans, scales, carts, and tables) weekly or as needed.
• Maintain assigned cleaning areas in accordance with the Master Sanitation Schedule. Document accordingly.
• Cross-train in the Voucher Food Box area.
• Complete and turn in accurate sales orders and related paperwork in a timely manner.
• Maintain inventory levels of 98% accuracy or better in the retail area.
• Support warehouse staff as needed. Pick Orders/ Verification Process
• Ensure that the shopping areas comply with all Feeding America, state and federal regulations and guidelines.
• Facilitate volunteer efforts in all aspects of the work area.
• Perform in all other operations and duties as assigned.
• Excellent professional and interpersonal skills.
• Thorough knowledge of Inventory control systems.
• Working knowledge of basic computer skills including email.
• Proficient in using pallet jacks and forklifts.
• Ability to occasionally lift and carry objects weighing up to 70 lbs.
• Ability to frequently lift and carry objects up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time during an eight-hour shift.
• Ability to push and pull shopping carts weighing up to 300 lbs.
• Basic knowledge of warehouse operations, practices, procedures, and standards.
• Basic knowledge of sanitary food safety, storage, and handling guidelines.
• Dependable and reliable attendance record.
• Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
• Promote a team environment by helping staff and volunteers as needed.
This is a full time exempt position with competitive salary and benefits, including: vacation, sick leave, health insurance & 401k.
The Chattanooga Area Food Bank leads a network of partners in eliminating hunger and promoting better nutrition in our region. We acquire and distribute healthy food across a 20 county service region; we engage the public in the fight to end hunger; we empower people to take responsibility for their health and their lives.
Visit our website www.chattfoodbank.org to learn more about our organization.