Connecticut Foodshare serves a network of local food assistance programs throughout the state, as part of our mission to deliver an informed and equitable response to hunger. The Network Relations Representative is responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with approximately 60 partner food pantries and meal programs in the city of Bridgeport that obtain food from Connecticut Foodshare. The Representative provides relevant guidance and support to advance safe, dignified, and accessible food distribution partnerships that are responsive to the diverse needs of our neighbors who experience food insecurity. This position will be assigned to the Bridgeport Facility and reports to the Senior Director of Network Relations.
Support Partner Program Compliance & Capacity
· Build working relationships with partner programs to understand their unique program strengths, needs, and opportunities for development.
· Maintain a comprehensive understanding of current food bank requirements and processes for partner programs, including policies regarding distribution of food from federal, state, and charitable sources.
· Conduct regular site visits to review partner program operations and compliance with applicable policies. Document and resolve non-compliance issues in a timely manner.
· Maintain accurate and current partner program files and database records with required documentation.
· Proactively engage with partner programs to support their efforts; guide partners in best-practices for safe, dignified, and accessible programming.
· Respond in a timely manner to partner program questions, feedback, and requests for information.
· Work collaboratively with multiple departments within the organization to troubleshoot issues and effectively serve partner programs.
Build Community Connections
· Work collaboratively with anti-hunger groups and other key stakeholders in the city of Bridgeport; represent Connecticut Foodshare at community meetings.
· Build coordination between food assistance programs and other providers.
· Actively seek input from communities served and leverage data to identify approaches that are grounded in the community.
· Promote and participate in trainings and forums organized by Connecticut Foodshare.
· In-depth familiarity with Bridgeport community strongly preferred
· Bachelor's degree or 5 years of experience in a related field required
· Experience in community outreach, relationship management, or program coordination preferred
· Valid driver's license and access to reliable transportation required
· Local travel as frequently as 20 days per month required, primarily in assigned region
· Fluency in English and Spanish a plus
· Must be a self-starter with an ability to work as a team player and contribute to a positive work environment
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including writing and presentation skills
· Cultural sensitivity and ability to work with diverse groups and individuals essential
· Must be skilled with technology, including Microsoft Office, video conferencing, and other software systems
· Strong organizational skills, with attention to detail and excellent time management
· Willingness to listen and learn to offer innovative solutions
Generous Benefits Package
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to Human Resources:
Connecticut Foodshare is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Connecticut Foodshare maintains a drug-free workplace.
Connecticut Foodshare is the food bank serving all of Connecticut and a member of the national Feeding America network. Last year, Connecticut Foodshare distributed enough food to provide nearly 47 million meals through a network of more than 700 community-based hunger relief programs, including food pantries, community kitchens, and emergency shelters, while also working on long-term solutions to food insecurity. More than 8,000 volunteers help power the work of Connecticut Foodshare. Last year, they gave more than 62,000 hours of service.