Under the direction of the Director of Programs, the Neighborhood Partnerships Manager (NPM) of Feeding San Diego (FSD) is responsible for overseeing work with more than 150 neighborhood partners to assess existing capacity, current needs and future opportunities for collaboration, and coordination of food distributions with a focus on distributing perishable foods. The NPM also oversees relationships with current, and development of potential, with direct-to-partner food industry donors. The NPM will identify, expand, and strengthen external relationships with partners in targeted communities as well as understanding who is not being served as identified through quantitative and qualitative data (Map the Meal Gap data, demographic records, geographic mapping of existing agency locations and client service numbers, etc.). Duties include: supervising and leading a team of 5 Partnerships Coordinators who maintain excellent customer service to neighborhood and food industry partners and community; ensuring compliance with all local, state and national food safety and monitoring standards; working closely with all departments at Feeding San Diego to ensure efficient and appropriate processes are in place to meet program needs and organizational mission; and attending all relevant meetings, workshops and trainings necessary to successfully complete the position’s responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to completely perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following duties and responsibilities are those considered to be essential but do not represent all job functions that may be required to be performed by this position. Other comparable duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed. Evening and weekend work required as determined by operational needs or as assigned.
Relationship Management and Process Coordination:
• Manage the planning, budgeting, coordination, monitoring, assessment, and evaluation of the neighborhood partner network and direct-to-partner food industry donation programs.
• Directly supervise five full-time staff who are responsible for coordinating direct-to-partner food donation relationships and neighborhood partnerships.
• Manage staff members to ensure adherence to all Feeding America and national, state, and local compliancy requirements including monitoring, food safety and onboarding processes.
• Facilitate coordination with all other departments involved in ensuring successful service delivery, online ordering, pick-ups and direct-to-partner food donor support with neighborhood partners.
• Manage and facilitate closed-loop communication and relevant trainings for neighborhood partners.
• Conduct evaluation of and develop strategies to maintain positive customer relations experience for partners.
Strategic Growth and Communication:
• Identify, expand and strengthen external relationships with neighborhood partners and direct-to-partner food industry donors in targeted communities identified by data-driven research.
• Develop potential relationships with neighborhood partners, direct-to-partner food industry donors and San Diego food security community through meeting attendance, community engagement events, etc.
• Manage research efforts to understand the landscape of who is not currently accessing food and how FSD can reach different populations through its network of diverse partners.
• Oversee survey administration, support program evaluation for neighborhood partners and lead development of client feedback collection for all partners.
• Support grant and funder reporting with program challenges, testimonials, data and information on a regular basis.
• Act as a secondary point of contact for a diverse range of contacts at partner and direct-to-partner food donor sites.
• Support the Development and Marketing teams in periodic needs for communications and donor relations.
• Represent FSD to community groups and the general public through active participation at meetings, involvement in events throughout the community and official media outlets.
• Attend and participate in all appropriate meetings as scheduled.
• Evening or weekend work as required.
• All other duties as assigned.
Required: B.A. degree, or work equivalent, from an accredited university or college in Business Administration, Management, Public Health, Social Services, or comparable course of study and two (2) or more years of experience in a position supervising staff and/or volunteers. At least one (1) year of project management experience required.
• Preferred: Bilingual in Spanish.
• Preferred: 2-4 years of experience in a nonprofit program management setting with competing priorities, deadlines, and constant multi-tasking.
• Preferred: Experience in food distribution programs, food security and hunger-relief work, grocery stores, or Lean Six Sigma.
Any combination of educational and work experience that would be equivalent to the stated minimum requirements would qualify for consideration of this position.
To apply please submit resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Founded in 2007, Feeding San Diego is the leading hunger-relief organization in San Diego County. The non-profit organization, funded by philanthropic and community support, is devoted to leading our community in the fight against hunger by efficiently providing access to food and nutritious meals. We fight hunger locally through partnerships with purpose, working hand-in-hand with partner agencies, local school districts, corporate partners and a network of volunteers to serve 63,000 children, families and seniors in need each week.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.