Join the fight against food insecurity. Make a difference in the community by applying to our Mid Level Giving Manager. It is a new full-time position and offers a robust benefits package, including employee paid medical, dental, life and disability insurance and a 403b plan. We offer generous paid time off to include paid holidays.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for planning, implementing, goal setting, strategy development and evaluating annual fundraising programs and events targeting mid-level supporters to Harvesters and working to ensure there is a robust middle donor pipeline in place to secure support for long-term needs of the organization.
1. Build a broad base of support by developing and implementing an ongoing fundraising plan to acquire, cultivate, renew and increase the support of middle donors through direct marketing, monthly donor programs, online donations, planned giving and estate gifts, cause marketing, signature events, and other marketing and solicitation strategies.
2. Plan, implement and evaluate mid-level marketing programs including renewal mailings, acquisition mailings and targeted population mailings by working closely with the Senior Manager of Annual Giving.
3. Achieve fundraising objectives by conducting analysis, identifying trends; determining system improvements, and overseeing innovative, multi-channel strategies for mid-level donor acquisition, retention and upgrade.
4. Work closely with the Communications team to produce cohesive branding and marketing materials, online products and services, and implement social media strategy to achieve fundraising goals and coordinate with direct marketing plan and special event fundraising.
5. Develop and steward relationships with current and prospective mid-level donors via phone calls, site visits, personalized email communications, ongoing written contact, and cultivation events.
6. Work effectively with the other members of the Fund Development team by identifying strategies for progressing mid-level donors into major gift prospects/donors.
7. Manage planning and budgeting within area of responsibility.
8. Work collaboratively with Harvesters’ staff in other departments to manage relationships with mid-level donors relevant to those who give through multiple avenues (time, food, voice). Be a professional advisor across departments.
9. Other duties as assigned.
OTHER ASPECTS OF THE JOB:
1. Able to effectively communicate and interact with donors, volunteers, co-workers and the general public.
2. Able to provide superior customer service to internal and external clients.
3. Keen attention to detail and skilled in planning and organization, project management, follow-up and meeting deadlines with limited supervision.
4. Able to multi-task and collaborate with others to achieve goals in a busy office environment.
5. Excellent organizational, interpersonal and networking skills with individuals and large groups are essential.
6. Have a commitment to the mission of Harvesters.
7. Produces high-quality and effective products with limited resources.
8. This position functions in an office environment and requires local travel in the service area. It requires the use of general office equipment such as computers, copiers, cameras, fax machines, and automobiles.
9. Some evening hours are required. It requires daily extensive writing and public speaking. Work venues vary from office, to social events, to presentations, to large and small meetings and interactions with individuals, involving a variety of environments.
10. Incumbent will spend 80% of the time stationary working at a computer terminal, and 20% of the time in a car, talking on the telephone, visiting face-to-face with donor or in a warehouse environment.
11. This position requires an understanding of all Harvesters food safety policies and compliance with all food safety related procedures.
1. Required Experience
• Minimum 3-5 years Fund Development experience utilizing a variety of cultivation and solicitation techniques.
• Direct Marketing, Marketing and Communications experience
• Ability to take initiative, coordinate with others, meet deadlines and follow-through in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, organization and presentation and networking skills.
• Computer literacy with experience in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Office and internet research.
• Experience with non-profit fundraising software, Raiser’s Edge and Blackbaud Luminate/Team Raiser experience a plus.
2. Preferred Experience
• 5+ years documented success in fundraising.
• Ability to manage, motivate, and mentor staff in a team environment to produce measured results.
• Knowledge of Kansas City’s philanthropic community.
• Knowledge of food banking industry.
3. Required Education
• Bachelors Degree in business, English, marketing, communications or equivalent field.
4. Preferred Education
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Non-Profit Management or Related Field
It is a new full-time position and offers a robust benefits package, including employee paid medical, dental, life and disability insurance and a 403b plan. We offer generous paid time off to include paid holidays.
Cover letter must be submitted at the time of submitting application.
Harvesters’ mission is to feed hungry people today and work to end hunger tomorrow.
We are a regional food bank serving a 26-county area of northwestern Missouri and northeastern Kansas. Harvesters provides food and related household products to more than 760 nonprofit agencies including emergency food pantries, community kitchens, homeless shelters, children’s homes and others. We also offer education programs to increase community awareness of hunger and teach about good nutrition.
Harvesters' main facility is located in Kansas City, Missouri at 3801 Topping Ave. Harvesters also operates a second facility in Topeka, Kansas at 215 E. Quincy St.
Harvesters is a certified member of Feeding America, a nationwide network of more than 200 food banks. In 2011, Harvesters was Feeding America’s Food Bank of the Year. We are a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
Harvesters also is a regional disaster-relief staging site for Feeding America. We are prepared to distribute food, water and cleaning supplies to disaster sites on short notice.
Please submit cover letter when applying.