Who We Are Looking For
You care deeply about people experiencing hunger and hold them in the center of all that you do. You are committed to using equity as a process and an outcome of your work. As the Manager of Digital Communications & Engagement, you will bring proven experience creating strategies and content that fuel successful digital campaigns. You are known for your ability to think strategically and be proactive in building powerful narratives that drive action. You have strong writing skills and several years of digital content experience in a professional setting — preferably in an advocacy organization, political campaign, service-oriented nonprofit, creative agency, or a similarly dynamic environment.
In this role, you’ll work with a talented team of communications and marketing professionals to develop and implement projects that connect with communities and drive action to end hunger. With support from the Digital Analytics Specialist and partner vendors, you will coordinate many aspects of the organization’s digital/email, SMS and social media strategies. You will collaborate with our program, development and advocacy teams, as well as related vendors, to develop a constituent ladder of engagement — writing clear, compelling and targeted content that draws in new audiences and deepens the involvement of existing supporters.
This role will develop and coordinate online engagement strategies to advance Oregon Food Bank’s efforts to disrupt systems that drive hunger and poverty. The successful candidate will believe deeply in Oregon Food Bank’s mission — and have a strong affinity for our 10-year vision for resilient communities throughout that never go hungry.
Skills and Experience of the Ideal Candidate
● At least seven years of experience working in digital communications, marketing or social media-focused roles (additional education may be substituted for work experience)
● Professional experience in a fast-paced setting — advocacy organizations, political campaigns, social service delivery, creative agencies, legislative and/or non-profit environments
● Administrator-level expertise in using EveryAction/NGPVAN — our core integrated digital engagement platform — or similar tools such as BlueState Digital, NationBuilder
● Proven track record of creating and managing cross-channel digital engagement plans — including proposal development, campaign activation and maintenance, and post-initiative analysis
● Experience in modeling cultural proficiency and demonstrated commitment to equity, inclusion and social justice work
● Ability to write creatively and structure compelling copy for a wide variety of formats and audiences—from long-form articles and blog posts to social media content and web copy
● Full understanding of the latest techniques in analyzing and optimizing campaign performance
● Expertise in email marketing best practices, metrics, list building and management
● Significant experience creating compelling content for delivery via email, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and other platforms
● Expert knowledge of Sprout Social, Hootsuite or other social media management tools
● Project management and organization skills; ability to manage multiple initiatives with attention to detail
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team — and comfortable working offsite through June 2021
● Working knowledge with Adobe Creative Suite or similar design software
● Ability to effectively communicate digital value proposition, technology processes
● Willingness to train, mentor and develop colleagues’ digital engagement skills
● Must be able to work under deadlines and changing priorities
● At least three years’ experience managing an integrated digital team — including support staff, digital consultants and vendor relationships
● Understanding of and interest in the intersection of social service delivery and economic justice
● Awareness of current events and news in anti-hunger efforts, federal food assistance programs (SNAP, WIC, etc.) or general social service delivery
● Familiarity with the political and policy landscape in the Pacific Northwest
● Proficiency in a language other than English, bi-lingual and bi-cultural skills strongly preferred.
● Experience working for a food bank, non-profit and/or personal lived experience of inequity/oppression.
Fine Print: Work will primarily be performed in a remote/home setting through at least June 2021, while sitting at a computer screen for extended periods. May lift, move and carry objects from 20 to 40 pounds, such as boxes containing office and other supplies. Crouching, bending, kneeling and reaching when filing. Work may take place outside normal working hours, with occasional out of town travel and/or driving of a personal vehicle for various projects as needed.
Full and competive benefits package offered.
The pay range is $75,000 - $85,000.
Please apply directly through the Oregon Food Bank website. Please include a cover letter with you application in order to be considered for employment. Work is currently done remotely due to COVID-19 and is possible through June 2021
Who We Are
Oregon Food Bank (OFB) believes that no one should be hungry. Our mission is to eliminate hunger and its root causes.
At Oregon Food Bank, we believe that food and health are basic human rights for all. We know that hunger is not just an individual experience; it is also a community-wide symptom of barriers to employment, education, housing and health care. That’s why we work on two fronts in our mission to end hunger in Oregon: we build community connections to help people access nutritious, affordable food today, and we build community power to eliminate the root causes of hunger for good.
Oregon Food Bank believes strongly in the power of lived experience — and we actively seek individuals who have experienced hunger and its root causes to join our team. Our organization is stronger because of the leadership of people who have faced food insecurity in their own lives and/or hail from historically under-represented communities. Learn more about our commitment at oregonfoodbank.org/equity.