This position is responsible for the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individuals in order to generate major gifts to support the mission and programs of Mid-Ohio Food Collective.
• Build and cultivate relationships with a portfolio of major donors and prospects.
• Implement a moves management strategy to achieve continued and upgraded support.
• Maintain stewardship contacts with major donors providing personal and timely acknowledgments.
• Manage a donor cultivation program including events, phone calls, publications and materials creation, printing and mailing.
• Collaborate with and assist the Senior Director, Individual Giving to implement strategies for major donor research, cultivation, engagement and stewardship.
• Committed to the organizational mission of ending hunger.
• Support all Mid-Ohio Food Collective fundraising efforts as directed.
• Work in collaboration with other Mid-Ohio Food Collective team members and contribute additional work as necessary.
Education and Certifications: Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience is required.
Experience: At least four years of development experience and 2 year of major gift face-to-face solicitation with an emphasis and successful track record of gifts in excess of $5,000. An understanding of donor cultivation and gift solicitation is required. Candidates should possess strong leadership, excellent oral, written and presentation skills and be computer literate.
Skills/Competencies: Ability to work independently and in a team environment. Excellent presentation and closing skills. Ability to represent Mid-Ohio Food Collective with professionalism.
At Mid-Ohio Food Collective, we are on a mission to end hunger one nourishing meal at a time. Here, we are ONE TEAM co-creating communities where everyone thrives. Team members have an opportunity to grow their careers as they support this incredible work and have a mission-driven impact across our 20-county footprint. No matter your role, what you do works towards ending hunger and changing the conversation around food insecurity. You will make a difference. That’s the job.
Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Occasional travel may be required.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to the principal and essential function of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some associates assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.