Major Gifts Manager position available in Kansas City, MO.
1. Actively engage in planning and developing strategy in order to establish and cultivate long-term relationships with individuals which will result in funding for the immediate and long-term goals of Harvesters through site visits, cultivation events, stewardship, and other related activities.
2. As appropriate, create, lead and implement face to face meetings as part of moves management strategy to meet yearly fundraising goal as outlined in the strategic plan.
3. Evaluate new and existing funding opportunities and prospects and help to set strategy and direction toward donors with the most potential to support Harvesters.
4. Responsible to create, lead and implement moves management strategy including to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward these donors or potential donors at the five and particularly six-figure levels by utilizing a thorough understanding of Harvesters Initiatives/Priorities.
5. Manage a portfolio of 125-150 major gift relationships with prospective and current individual donors.
6. Work collaboratively with Harvesters staff (volunteer, food drive, acquisition) to manage relationships with donors who give to Harvesters through multiple avenues.
7. Represent the department and Harvesters to donors, and the public through visits, written and phone communications.
8. Manage planning, budgeting and activities in area of responsibility.
9. Other duties as assigned.
OTHER ASPECTS OF THE JOB:
1. Able to effectively communicate and interact with donors, volunteers, coworkers and the general public.
2. Able to provide superior customer service to internal and external clients.
3. Keen attention to detail and skilled in planning and organization, project management, follow-up and meeting deadlines with limited supervision.
4. Able to multi-task and collaborate with others to achieve goals in a busy office environment.
5. Excellent organizational, interpersonal and networking skills with individuals and large groups are essential.
6. Have a commitment to the mission of Harvesters.
7. Produces high quality and effective products with limited resources.
8. This position functions in an office environment and requires local travel in the service area. It requires the use of general office equipment such as computers, copiers, cameras, fax machines and automobiles.
9. Some evening hours are required. Requires extensive public speaking. Work venues vary from office, to social events, to presentations, to large and small meetings and interactions with individuals, involving a variety of environments.
10. Incumbent will spend 80% of the time stationary working at a computer terminal, and 20% of the time in a car, talking on the telephone and in a warehouse environment.
11. This position requires an understanding of all Harvesters food safety policies and compliance with all food safety-related procedures.
• 3-5 years of fund development experience utilizing a variety of cultivation and solicitation techniques.
• Ability to take initiative, coordinate with others, meet deadlines and follow through in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, organization and presentation and networking skills.
• Computer literacy with experience in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Office, and internet research.
• Experience with non-profit fundraising software, Raiser’s Edge experience a plus.
• 5+ years documented success in fundraising, grant writing or equivalent
• Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
• Knowledge of KC’s philanthropic community
• Experience working with and managing volunteers
• Knowledge of food banking industry Required Education
• Bachelors degree in business, English, communications or equivalent Preferred Education
• Masters degree in nonprofit management or related field
100% Employer Paid Employee Only Insurance & Retirement Plan
We are a regional food bank serving a 26-county area of northwestern Missouri and northeastern Kansas. Harvesters provide food and related household products to more than 620 not-for-profit agencies including emergency food pantries, community kitchens, homeless shelters, children’s homes, and others. We also offer education programs to increase community awareness of hunger and teach about good nutrition. Harvesters' main facility is located in Kansas City, Missouri at 3801 Topping Ave. Harvesters also operate a second facility in Topeka, Kansas at 215 E. Quincy St. Harvesters is a certified member of Feeding America, a nationwide network of more than 200 food banks. In 2011 Harvesters was Feeding America’s Food Bank of the Year. We are a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Harvesters also is one of five regional disaster relief staging sites for Feeding America. We continually store a supply of food, water and cleaning supplies that can be sent to a disaster site on short notice.
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager for Corporate and Individual Giving
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for planning, implementing, goal setting, strategy development and evaluating individual major gift fundraising programs. Develops long-term positive donor relationships as part of Harvesters' Strategic Plan with an emphasis on strategies to secure financial support from individuals necessary to help meet Harvesters' fundraising goals.