The IT Manager is responsible for development, implementation, and maintenance of technology systems to ensure that Food Bank functions effectively to achieve its mission. This position provides strategic and tactical recommendations for technology services and ensures that staff have access to and knowledge of appropriate tools to work efficiently and effectively. This position requires a highly motivated, structured, and passionate individual who understands the organization, thinks strategically, and loves working around and with data, driving projects and communicating closely with department managers.
• Implement and maintain a comprehensive technology strategy to include current systems and future enhancements required to provide the organization with the tools necessary to address technology issues critical to the operations of the agency (includes but not limited to computers, printers, hardware, software, connectivity, phones, etc.)
• Solicit and evaluate proposals to assess project feasibility and requirements.
• Oversees and manages IT-related security systems including door access, cameras, etc.
• Support current computer information resources, providing for data security and control, strategic computing, and disaster recovery.
• Implement controls to ensure that technology functions within the organization are reviewed on a regular basis, with recommended corrective actions for improvement.
• Deploy, support, and maintain company-wide technology guidelines, usage policies, standards, and protocols.
• Responsible for all IT vendor relationships and contract maintenance. • Manages IT inventory, forecasting needs and proactively purchasing ahead of organization’s needs.
• Recommend new and/or changes to existing hardware and software that promote efficiency and effectiveness and oversee and direct all installations, upgrades, monitoring and maintenance.
• Maintain and ensure the normal operations of technology systems including all servers, workstations, printers, network appliances, backup systems, and installed software.
• Responsible for ensuring there is a point-of-contact for technical assistance to all in-house and remote employees, including responding to and resolving helpdesk requests.
• Database support including, Ceres (Navision), SQL, and Salesforce.
• Provide instruction and assistance regarding office hardware and software including but not limited to workstations, laptops, tablets, desk phones, cell phones, and smartphones.
• Serve as the technology liaison with Feeding America.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering, business or other relevant field, preferred.
• 5+ years’ experience in an IT management environment, systems or network administration supervisory role required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications.
• Experience in controlling an information technology budget.
• Working knowledge of Access, Ceres, Excel, Salesforce, SQL, and related databases.
• Expert working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 suite including SharePoint, Teams and Flow Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics NAV preferred.
• Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills with highly developed interpersonal and coaching skills and the ability to build collaborative, trust-based relationships inside and outside FBCCS. • Experience evaluating processes and making strategic recommendations to increase effectiveness.
• Cares deeply about people development and commits time and energy to coaching, mentoring, and developing team members; delivers feedback effectively and respectfully.
• Possesses cultural competence and recognizes the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion; is diplomatic, comfortable with ambiguity, and thrives in dynamic, hard-working environments.
• Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes; proven capability to balance several projects and meet deadlines.
• Interest in and commitment to the mission of the Food Bank.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
• Valid CA driver’s license and insurance and ability to be covered under the Food Bank’s auto insurance policy.
• Frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive and extensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision, life insurance, flexible spending account, 403(b) employer matching, and paid leave to eligible employees. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the organization. We strive to provide an inclusive, collaborative, and creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
To Apply: Please send your resume and any supporting documents to [email protected] with the subject line: “IT Manager.” Email submission is preferred. Or by mail to: Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano, Attn: Human Resources, 4010 Nelson Ave, Concord, CA 94520
Started over 45 years ago, the Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano is leading the fight to end hunger, in partnership with our community and in service of our neighbors in need. An alarming 1 in 9 people within Contra Costa and Solano counties turn to the Food Bank for emergency and supplemental food. The Food Bank has developed programs that address the size of this need as well as nutritional needs of the people we serve. The Food Bank embraces diversity through a supportive, creative, and inclusive work environment where each employee has the opportunity for personal and professional development. We look for candidates who care deeply about our mission and values. For more information, please visit: https://www.foodbankccs.org
Occasional use of personal vehicle to travel to the Fairfield, CA office required. Mileage reimbursed at the standard federal rate. In instances of a federal, state or locally declared emergency, Food Bank is typically considered an essential service and emergency responder; all of its employees may be called in to perform regular or emergent duties.