The Institutional Giving Associate works in partnership with the Food Bank’s Development team to assist with all grant-related activities. Primary duties will focus on supporting efforts to create high-quality, compelling correspondence, letters of inquiry, proposals, accurate grant reports, and annual stewardship reports to meet revenue goals for institutional giving.
• Drafting, editing and finalizing grant proposals and reports to institutional funders.
• Research potential foundation, corporate, and government agency funding sources, identify specific areas of focus/eligibility and prioritize recommendations.
• Gather and maintain updated hunger statistics and program service output data to support grant proposals, reports, and external and internal communications.
• Record all grantmaking activities in donor database.
• Develop and manage a detailed calendar of work timelines for grant proposals, reporting and stewardship communications with current and prospective funders.
• Liaise with Finance Department on budget preparation.
• Liaise with Program staff to keep abreast of changes/updates to program service delivery and ensure compliance with grant administration.
• Prepare reports for Institutional Giving Manager and leadership team.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in administrative support preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Nonprofit experience and/or experience in philanthropy a plus.
• Excellent writing and editing skills with ability to translate data into a compelling written solicitation for a variety of audiences required.
• Ability to understand and extract relevant information from complex documents.
• Strong information technology skills, including demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office and database programs (Salesforce a plus).
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once in a fast paced, deadline-driven collaborative environment with people of diverse backgrounds and circumstances.
• Must be a self-starter with strong organizational and communication skills, attention to detail, and creative problem solving.
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Ability to regularly climb stairs.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive and extensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision, life insurance, flexible spending account, 403(b), and paid leave to eligible employees. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide an inclusive, collaborative, and creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Please send your resume and any supporting documents to [email protected] with the subject line: “Institutional Giving Associate”