This position is open untl filled.
A cover letter is required for consideration
The range of pay is $72,000 - $82,000
Who We Are Looking For:
You care deeply about our community, about people experiencing hunger and hold them in the center of all that you do. You are committed to and skilled in using equity as a process and an outcome of your work to disrupt systemic social patterns that promote hunger. You have a strong affinity with OFB’s 10 Year Vision and are profoundly excited to achieve this vision for and with our community.
The Individual Giving Team Manager will join a growing Development Department of 27 dedicated, collaborative, values-driven, and effective philanthropic development professionals who are passionate about resourcing an end to hunger and hunger’s root causes. Together we raise more than $16MM annually for Oregon Food Bank’s mission and vision - to ensure wellness and justice for our community. We innovate, risk, learn and refine as core practices. We value relationships and aspire to shape Oregon Food Bank into a civic engagement home for donors. We believe philanthropy should be accessible to all facets of our community and, in how we work, we reclaim philanthropy’s true meaning - a love for humankind and any voluntary action for the common good. We vanguard practices and policies that reflect philanthropy’s potential as a more just institution. And we design resource and relationship development programs rooted in equity.
Relationship & Resource Development:
● Shape and implement strategies and tactics within the Individual Giving Team that advance the OFB Development Department's strategic priorities and help realize OFB's 10-Year vision.
● Successfully engage, cultivate, solicit, and steward a portfolio of 75-90 major and leadership gift donors and prospects with $50,000 or greater annual capacity to deepen relationships and advance OFB’s mission.
● Build the Leadership Gifts portfolio through qualification of existing donors with greater annual capacity than current giving indicates.
● Spend a significant amount of time in direct interaction with donors, both in and out of the office, helping donors fulfill their passions and interests through their giving to Oregon Food Bank.
● Create individual goals for each person in the portfolio based on the individual’s history of giving and the organization’s knowledge of their potential and interests.
● Oversee Oregon Food Bank’s direct mail and direct digital programs that provide a civic engagement experience to approximately 25,000 donors who contribute together to support OFB’s efforts with over $3M annually.
o Coach and guide the Annual Giving Officer’s collaboration with our direct mail vendor as well as with OFB’s Strategic Communications Team to ensure consistent messaging in all donor communications.
o Support the Annual Giving Officer’s oversight of the daily management of the direct mail and direct digital programs.
● Oversee Oregon Food Bank’s mid-level giving program - a high-volume highly segmented program designed to strategically engage, retain, and inspire growing support from donors giving $1,000 - $4,999 annually.
o Coach and guide two Donor Engagement Officers’ oversight of the daily management of the mid-level program.
o Provide strategic direction for the program and work and guide the Donor Engagement Officers’ collaboration with the Annual Giving Team.
● Work collaboratively with the Individual Giving Team, Donor Research & Prospect Management Team, and Senior Donor Engagement Officer to ensure that the donor pipeline is functioning at a high level to meet/exceed program goals.
● Lead team work-planning process and implementation
● Lead team budgeting process
● Participate as a member of Oregon Food Bank’s Development Leadership Team
● In consultation and coordination with your supervisor, actively contribute to cross-departmental efforts.
● In consultation and coordination with your supervisor, plan and engage in professional development activities that strengthen your capacity for your specific role as well as your capacity to actively contribute and advance organizational goals, our vision and our mission.
● Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experiences of the Ideal Candidate:
● Minimum of four years of experience in nonprofit fundraising, with progressive responsibility and a proven record of securing visits with prospective donors, and soliciting, closing, and stewarding major gifts.
● Minimum of two years of management experience.
● Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication and presentation skills.
● Strong organizational skills.
● Ability to develop long-term plans, set objectives, and track progress towards achieving objectives.
● Familiarity with the concepts of moves management preferred.
● Collaborative approach and a strong team-oriented style.
● Proficiency with office technology and information systems (including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and donor databases, preferably Raiser’s Edge.
● Experience in modeling intercultural competence and demonstrated commitment to equity, inclusion and social justice work.
● Willingness to innovate, problem solve and seek innovative solutions.
● Demonstrated ability to think strategically, take initiative and use good judgement; ability to maintain confidentiality.
● Project management and organization skills; ability to manage multiple projects with attention to detail; ability to handle interruptions, maintain focus on tasks and produce timely, accurate work.
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team; comfortable working in an office environment and offsite.
● Capacity to work and learn in cohorts of peers such as Managers of Color Cohort and/or New Managers Cohort.
● Passionate about ending hunger and its root causes.
● Must be available for some weekend and evening responsibilities.
● A professional approach and a commitment to a workplace that values and respects differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability, and socio-economic circumstances.
● Proficiency in a language other than English, bi-lingual and bi-cultural skills strongly preferred.
● Commitment to continued professional development to strengthen capacity to work through an equity lens for social justice.
● Experience working for a food bank or non-profit.
● Personal living/lived experience of systemic inequity/oppression.
● Experience working for a food bank, non-profit and/or personal lived experience of inequity/oppression.
Comprehensive benefits package offered.
Please apply through our website at www,oregonfoodbank.org
Who We Are:
Oregon Food Bank (OFB) believes that no one should be hungry. Our mission is to eliminate hunger and its root causes.
At Oregon Food Bank, we believe that food and health are basic human rights for all. We know that hunger is not just an individual experience; it is also a community-wide symptom of barriers to employment, education, housing and health care. That’s why we work on two fronts in our mission to end hunger in Oregon: we build community connections to help people access nutritious, affordable food today, and we build community power to eliminate the root causes of hunger for good.
Oregon Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applications from candidates who can contribute to the diversity of our organization. Over and above our commitment to non-discrimination, OFB actively seeks to employ members of the community who have experienced poverty or food insecurity and members of historically marginalized groups including racial and ethnic minorities. Please visit our website to read more about our commitment to equity.
Work is performed in an office environment while sitting at a computer screen for extended periods. Periodically walk throughout the facility (warehouse and office) to communicate with staff and check on the status of projects. May lift, move and carry objects from 20 to 40 pounds, such as boxes containing office and other supplies. Crouching, bending, kneeling and reaching when filing. Work outside normal working hours and occasional out of town travel and driving your personal vehicle for various projects as need