Would you like to have meaningful work with an employer that values work-life balance, and colleagues that are all-in, big hearted and solution focused? If so, then SFBFS might be the employer for you!
The Human Resources (HR) Coordinator will perform a variety of HR administrative duties. Including tracking of employee’s records, full-cycle payroll processing and supporting the interview/recruiting process, and carry out all human resource department projects and processes for the organization, including the administration of human resources policies, programs and practices. He/She will work directly with and assist the Director of Human Resources including processes for all hiring, separations, training, benefit administration and payroll procedures for new or existing employees.
The Human Resources Coordinator will (including but not limited to):
• Provide overall administrative support to the HR department, including maintaining, processing documentation and records and support Recruitment/New Hire Process and assist with administrative paperwork related to employee separations (maintain personnel records, in compliance with HR regulations)
• Full-cycle semi-monthly payroll for 88+ employees
• Support benefits administration, including reconciliation of monthly insurance billings
• Ensure through administration of HR processes that Company and People Leaders are in compliance with various local, state and federal employment laws and enforce company policies, rules and regulations
• Respond to inquiries and other correspondence, as needed, and/or routes inquiries to the appropriate person and assist in projects, such as; HR events, benefits open enrollment and company-wide meetings
• Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college; or a minimum of four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education
• 2-3+ years extensive HR experience, with working knowledge of labor and employment laws
• 2+ years of experience in recruiting and candidate screenings
• Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and orally, as to communicate with employees, and in group presentations and meetings
• 2+ year of full cycle payroll processing/time card reviews and attendance tracking
• Intermediate to advance skills in Microsoft Excel and Word
• Full-time, non-exempt position; Monday - Friday; occasional weekends and holidays as needed
• SFBFS’ Family Services campus location, with weekly travel to Food Bank Services campus
• Comprehensive benefits including medical/dental/vision/life/AD&D/LTD and more
Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS) welcomes people of all backgrounds and circumstances, providing a judgement-free zone for individuals and families throughout Sacramento County. A staff of more than 80 and several thousand volunteers take our mission of fighting food insecurity one step further by offering education and support for families wanting to shape their best tomorrow. More information is available at www.sacramentofoodbank.org.