The HR Specialist - Employee Training and Development position is responsible for supporting the HR Director with administrative HR functions including full cycle recruiting and on-boarding, and records preparation and maintenance. The position has a specific focus on planning, developing, and delivering high-quality and specialized staff training and development programs and includes leading the employee reward and recognition function of HR and providing support to the leadership team on emerging DEI initiatives.
Human Resources Support:
• Assist HR Director with the recruitment and hiring process, including submitting job postings online, scheduling candidate interviews and performing phone screens.
• Prepare interview packets.
• Prepare new hire packets and on-boarding materials.
• Input new hires into PerformYard platform and set up new employee 90 day and 6 mo. reviews.
• Provide support to the leadership team on emerging DEI initiatives.
• Research, analyze and compile data to prepare documents and reports for review.
• Handle and maintain confidential documents and information with utmost professionalism.
• Other duties as assigned.
Training and Development:
• Assess training and development needs through surveys, interviews, focus groups, and communication with employees and managers.
• Work with managers to address learning issues, instruction problems or new educational needs regarding specific employees or departments.
• Develop unique training programs to fulfill employees’ specific needs to maintain or improve job skills.
• Present in-person and online training sessions or hire qualified personnel to perform training needs.
• Partnering with our PEO, Insperity, Training and Development Specialist to fully utilize this resource.
• Creates, organizes, plans, and presents various forms of onboarding, orientation, and skills training for employees.
• Plan, schedule, and organize training sessions, coordinate information technology, and other equipment and manage course enrollment.
• Review, create and/or acquire training procedure manuals, guides, and course materials.
• Present training and development programs using various forms and formats including group discussion, lecture, simulations, and videos.
• Maintain records of training and development activities, attendance, results of tests and assessments, and retraining requirements.
• Evaluate program effectiveness through assessments, surveys, and feedback, developing metrics to gauge success.
• Maintain knowledge of the latest trends in training and development.
• Prepare and implement training budget; maintain records and reports of expenses.
• Other duties as assigned.
Reward and Recognition:
• Work with managers to identify, create, organize, and deliver employee recognition initiatives and programs to enhance employee engagement.
• Bachelor’s degree required. An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the position may be considered.
• PHR or SHRM-CP preferred.
• Minimum of five years of HR support experience required.
• Minimum of two years of employee training and development experience required.
• Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits required.
• Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources.
• Strong analytical skills in order to evaluate training programs, methods, and materials and choose those that best fit each situation.
• Strong instructional skills to deliver training programs to employees using a variety of techniques.
• Ability to identify high quality trainers/specialists, quality assessment of programs proposed, and manage the contract and budget.
• Adept with a variety of multimedia training platforms and methods.
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and time management skills.
• Ability to develop strong working relationships with diverse and multi-cultural constituencies.
• Strong critical thinking, problem solving, collaboration, and decision-making skills.
• Be able to sit for prolonged periods of time working on a computer.
• Must be able to speak for prolonged period of time while presenting a training.
• Valid California driver’s license, current insurance and ability to be insured by Food Bank insurance. Ability to drive personal car for work related purposes (mileage will be reimbursed at the standard Federal rate).
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive and extensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision, life insurance, flexible spending account, 403(b), and paid leave to eligible employees. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and any supporting documents to [email protected] with the subject line: “HR Specialist.” Email submission is preferred. Or by mail to: Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano, Attn: Human Resources, 4010 Nelson Ave, Concord, CA 94520
For more information about us, please visit: http://www.foodbankccs.org