Would you like to make a difference in your community while pursuing your career passion? Food Bank of the Rockies is seeking a Operations Assistant to join our team!
More than 65 million pounds of food flow through our operation every year, feeding hungry families in our surrounding communities. Our small and mighty team of 100+ employees across four locations, collectively serves 30 counties in Colorado and the entire state of Wyoming. We provide more than 145,000 meals each day to our friends and neighbors facing hunger.
The Operations Assistant is responsible for all data entry relating to grocery rescue procurement, distribution, re-packs of reclamation, and food drives. Provides assistance and acts as back up for warehouse work with Distribution and Reclamation and Specialist.
What you'll do:
• Input and process donation orders into CERES
• Process agency orders and in CERES and assist placing agencies in stores
• Process program administrative cost for agencies
• Process and invoice driver receipts
• Responsible for agency billing of grocery rescue and agency pickups
• Maintain and manage donation receipts by pulling daily reports in Meal Connect
• Verify donations are entered in on a timely basis.
• Contact non- compliant agencies via email/phone for date entry reminders
• Assist with entering agency poundage in Meal Connect
• Assist in collecting data for the donation monthly report
• Enter poundage report for all retailers on a monthly basis
• Copy and mail 300+ newsletters to retail partners on a monthly basis
• Maintain and update the database of all current donors
• Track Zero Donations for Major Retail Donors
• Invoice agencies for all Grocery Rescue Drop-Off program
• Track and input poundage for Drop-Off program
• Monthly tracking for each branch of Grocery Rescue Incremental Pounds
• Generate reports from database as needed
• Assist in preparing and organizing items
• Prepare marketing material and reports for Rescue Retail Training visits
• Prepare and organize routes for Rescue Retail Training visits
• Act as a liaison to request office volunteers or interns as needed
• Assist in training and overseeing office volunteer work
• Other duties as assigned
Ideal candidate will have:
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language fluently, and communicate verbally and in writing at a professional level
• Previous administrative experience preferred
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel and Outlook and warehouse management systems a plus
• Experience with CERES is a plus
Food Bank of the Rockies offers a competitive benefits package including health insurance, employee assistant program, paid time off, sick time, flexible schedule, paid holidays and a 401K plan.
We value diversity and inclusivity and is thus always looking to diversify our staff with an eye toward race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, and age, among other areas. Candidates who bring such diversity are encouraged to apply.
Every one of our employees is a critical part of our success. Will you be the next one to join our team? Please apply today by emailing your cover letter and resume to [email protected]