Application Deadline: 11/12/2018 by 9pm PST
Pay Details: $25/hourly and is depending on experience.
This will be a 1-year Limited Duration, benefit-eligible position.
The HR Generalist will provide a range of essential human resources support, including a focus on recruitment activities. In this role, you will coordinate aspects of the hiring process including the development of job descriptions, recruiting, interviewing, and selection. You will frequently be working with the Equity, People & Culture team, hiring committees and hiring managers to provide expertise and guidance throughout the hiring process. As part of the Equity, People & Culture (HR) Team, you will be assisting in optimizing the team’s utilization of technology including the HRIS (ADP Workforce Now), self-service functionality for employees and managers, and supporting the day-to-day HR activities. This position is based in Portland and supports 170 employees across 5 locations.
Who you are:
You care deeply about people experiencing hunger and hold them in the center of all that you do. You believe that no one should be hungry and that together we can solve hunger. You possess a strong background in recruiting activities and are skilled at working collaboratively within a team setting, while maintaining high levels of professionalism. You can handle confidential information and materials with discretion and integrity. In a fast paced environment, you maintain your focus on tasks to achieve results. You're a great organizer, self-motivator and take initiative. You are known for your rapport-building, technical HR expertise, resourcefulness and trustworthiness.
- Partner with hiring managers and committees to ensure effective sourcing, attraction, screening, selection, hiring and retention of talent.
- Provide operations support for the Equity, People & Culture (HR) Department by providing general administrative support including benefit administration, leave administration, payroll audit/processing, maintaining the applicant tracking system, filing and on-boarding activities.
- Develop recruitment initiatives to ensure hiring best practices and encourages an inclusive and diversity of workforce through sourcing and influencing.
- Conduct phone interviews. Plan and coordinate interview process with hiring committee and keeps stakeholders informed of the recruitment activities.
- Monitor, track, and file the completion of quarterly performance evaluations.
- Help evaluate recruiting practices to strengthen internal culture in support of our equity initiatives.
- Other HR generalist duties and projects as assigned.
The Fine Print: Work is performed in a variety of office environments and other locations inside and outside of Oregon Food Bank while using a telephone and sitting at a computer screen for extended periods. May lift, move, and carry objects of about 20 pounds, such as boxes, materials, and other supplies.
Skills and Experience of the Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum of three (3) years of demonstrated success in a Human Resources role; preferable experience in the following areas: recruitment, HRIS, benefits administration, employee relations and non-profit management.
- Proven success with interviewing and hiring high performing teams.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of Oregon employment law and HR best practices.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and identify HR solutions with diverse stakeholders.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, OneNote, SharePoint, etc.), applicant tracking systems, and internet applications. Experience with ADP Workforce Now is a plus.
- Proficiency in multiple languages is a plus.
- A professional HR certification is a plus.
Applications are due by 11/12/2018 by 9pm PST.