The graphic designer will create and execute various print and digital marketing initiatives with the purpose of communicating Three Square Food Bank’s brand and mission, building community trust and increasing awareness. This position reports to the Director of Marketing & Communications, and will work to ensure all creative jobs meet specifications. The graphic designer will work closely with various departments at Three Square.
Essential Job Functions
• Create and update marketing materials within Three Square’s current brand standards
• Work with all departments, briefing and advising them with regard to design, format, production, budget and timeline
• Coordinate projects from concepts, quotes and proofs to completion
• Create presentation materials such as PowerPoints, one-sheets and signage
• Develop designs that are geared towards the appropriate target audience
• Design internal and external employee communications
• Design creative for advertising including print, outdoor boards and digital media
• Design and update Three Square collateral pieces including brochures, reports, invitations, event programs, email signatures, handouts, posters, etc.
• Provide critical proofing of print and digital marketing materials
• Collaborate with supervisor and team members to meet needs of projects
• Manage deadlines and provide project updates
• Present design concepts with vision and rationale
• Work with external vendors to establish best pricing, ensure deadlines are met and materials are printed/created to the highest quality
• Interact with vendors, staff, clients and partners in a respectful and professional manner
• Maintain an orderly and easily accessible archive of all marketing materials, photos and videos
• Acting in-house photographer and photo editor for events and on-site visits
• Acting in-house videographer and video editor for events and on-site visits
• Assist with social media efforts
• Maintain technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies
• Administrative support as needed
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Regular and consistent attendance
• Manage confidential information
• Promote the mission and vision of Three Square
Work is typically performed in an office environment while sitting at a computer screen for extended periods. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Employee may drive their personal vehicle for work performed in the community. Work schedule may include some hours in evenings and on weekends.
• Bachelor degree in Graphic Design, or 4+ years of equivalent graphic design work experience
• Proficient in Adobe Design Suite: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and similar
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to remain creative, prioritize and handle multiple projects while producing high quality work under fixed deadlines
• Accuracy and attention to detail are a must
• An understanding of the latest trends and their role within a nonprofit environment
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Strong grammar, writing, editing and proofreading skills
• Ability to collaborate with team members
• Videography and photography experience a plus
• Desire to learn and grow
• Must be able to pass criminal background check and drug and alcohol screening.
As a regular full-time employee, you are eligible for Company provided benefits available to you on the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
Please apply online at:
Serving the residents of Lincoln, Nye, Esmeralda and Clark Counties since 2007
To provide wholesome food to hungry people, while passionately pursuing a hunger-free community.
We work with a service network of community partners (this includes nonprofit and faith-based organizations, schools and after school and feeding sites) in our community to reach struggling individuals and families at risk of hunger.
You have the opportunity to join a team of over 100 employees who are committed to ending hunger in Southern Nevada. As a Three Square employee, you will have the chance to make a difference every day by providing efficient, effective, and quality services to our community. If this sounds like something you would like to help with, we encourage you to apply.