Identify and assess the appropriateness of potential grant opportunities related to improving food security and/or increasing food distribution. Lead the proposal preparation process by drafting, revising and editing documents to be submitted to foundations, corporations, and organizations, including letters of inquiry, proposals, reports and correspondence. Participate on the development team to assist with other fundraising opportunities. Act as liaison to other food bank teams to ensure continuity, accuracy and adherence to key processes related to grant management and reporting.
• Draft letters of inquiry and master proposals for program areas, network agencies, operational needs and general support in accordance with the particular interests of potential corporate and foundation funders.
• Maintain relationships with current foundation and corporate funders by drafting reports, correspondence, and other written materials, and by participating in in-person and virtual meetings and phone conversations with funders.
• Identify and research potential new foundation and corporate funders.
• Track due dates for proposals, reports and meetings with funders, expediting as needed, to ensure timely responses to foundation funding opportunities and accountability to current funders.
• Coordinate story writing, media activity, social media presence and other forms of recognition related to grants with communication team.
• Work with food bank directors and managers regarding food bank needs in order to adapt grant strategy to fulfill the developing funding targets.
• Participate in team and development department meetings.
• Manage grant writer including goal setting and annual performance reviews.
• Supervise warehouse on rotating Saturdays and open/close warehouse as needed.
• Other duties as required or assigned.
Experienced in grant writing and administration. Possess a bachelor’s degree or higher in public administration, English, business, social sciences, or a related field with demonstrable skills in writing, critical analysis, and leadership. Self-motivated to meet individual and departmental objectives and deadlines. Able to balance big picture with practical attention to detail. Skilled in collaboration on team projects and building relationships internal and external to the food bank. Adept at staff supervision. Committed to the mission of the organization.
Generous health, dental, Life and AD&D, Short and Long term disability insurance. 403b retirement matching, paid vacation, paid holidays.