The Food Bank of the Rockies is seeking a Grants Manager to join our team!
More than 65 million pounds of food flows through our operation every year feeding hungry families in our surrounding communities. We serve 30 counties in Colorado and the entire state of Wyoming and provide more than 134,000 meals each day to our friends and neighbors facing hunger.
The Grants Manager is responsible for securing operating and capital funds from corporations, associations, foundations and government grant entities. This role is a key contributor to the FBR Development team and leads all grant writing, coordination and response efforts for the organization.
What You’ll Do:
• Oversee and manage all FBR grants including writing, editing and proofing grant proposals
• Provide leadership and oversight to ensure the seamless, integrated coordination among departments for the lifecycle of grants, from project development through award, implementation and reporting
• Develop and implement strategic plan for growing grant program; identify and pursue new funding opportunities
• Serve as FBR’s ongoing liaison with corporations, associations, foundations and government grant entities and work collaboratively with FBR’s management team to ensure ongoing stewardship of these relationships
• Assist in developing methods for ensuring compliance with grant requirements and evaluation of program outcomes
Ideal candidates will:
• Have a shared commitment and passion for fulfilling the mission of FBR
• Bring a strong customer service orientation and unparalleled commitment to excellence
• Be comfortable working in a small, but mighty, not-for-profit organization
• Be a utility player and willing to roll up your sleeves to meet the needs of our business and community
• Have demonstrated breadth and depth of non-profit funding and grant writing knowledge and expertise
• Have a demonstrated track-record of successful fund raising in the metro Denver area
• Have the ability to manage relationships with employees and other leaders of the organization to impart that expertise and serve as a subject matter expert
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language fluently, and communicate verbally and in writing at a professional level
• Bring a minimum of three (3) years experience as a grant writer for a non-profit organization
Food Bank of the Rockies offers medical, dental and vision insurance, employee assistance program, paid time off, 10 paid holidays and a 401K plan.
Every one of our employees is a critical part of our success. Will you be the next one to join our team? Please apply today by emailing your resume to Human Resources at [email protected].
Food Bank of the Rockies (FBR) is the largest private hunger-relief organization in the state of Colorado.
Founded in 1978, FBR was known as the Colorado Food Clearing House. Operating from a 900-square-foot schoolroom in Northwest Denver, the fledgling organization collected bread from a nearby Safeway store, our first food donor, and distributed it to Little Sisters of the Poor, our first partner agency.
Today, FBR has extended its reach across Northern Colorado, providing food and supplies to more than 500 hunger-relief programs.
Since 1978, FBR has provided more than 615 million meals for people in need. Last year, through our direct service programs and partner agencies, we distributed nearly 60 million pounds of food, enough to provide more than 134,000 meals each day to children, seniors and families in need. FBR is a member of Feeding America.
FBR has a staff of 112 employees at warehouses in Denver, Wyoming and the Western Slope.
Additionally FBR has a pool of more than 23,000 volunteers, who last year donated nearly 123,000 hours of time – the equivalent of 59 full-time employees!
We help families thrive by efficiently procuring and distributing food and essentials to the hungry through our programs and partner agencies.
Make food security a reality for every Colorado Family.