The Mississippi Food Network Grant Specialist is responsible for producing and submitting grant proposals and reports to help fund the MFN budget and advance its mission
• Research foundations, corporations, and government agencies for new grant
• Evaluate existing grant donors for future funding opportunities.
• Evaluate and summarize grant funding opportunities and application requirements
to support MFN’s prospecting and solicitation strategies.
• Coordinate timelines and track deadlines to ensure high-quality, timely proposal
• Develop grant requests as appropriate by preparing and/or gathering all materials
required to complete grant application packages, including coordination with other
MFN departments units, as appropriate.
• Produce material for grant proposals, recognition letters, and reports in alignment
with MFN’s strategic plan.
• Select, adapt, and update template materials for use in grant proposals, recognition
letters, and reports.
• Conduct thorough quality reviews of all materials, including systematic proofreading
• Submit proposals upon the approval of the Director of External Affairs.
• Provide excellent customer service.
• Utilize software to record grants/proposals submissions and constituent contacts.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree (Journalism or English preferred) or higher
• Two or more years of experience in positions focused on producing finished pieces of
writing, or a combination of education and experience.
• Exceptional writing skills, supported by two to three samples
Apply To: [email protected]
Mississippi Food Network (MFN) has been feeding Mississippians since 1984. MFN feeds more than 150,000 people every month or a total of 1.8 million people annually. MFN takes donations from multiple sources and distributes food and goods through its 430 member agencies. These agencies, in turn, distribute food to recipients within their own communities. Our mission here at MFN is to relieve poverty-related hunger in our service area by distributing donated and purchased food and grocery products through a network of member churches and nonprofit organizations. We provide nutrition education to our needy clients. We also emphasize advocacy and related needs
You may contact Darlene Taylor at 601.973.7093 for additional information.