POSITION: Grant Specialist
REPORTS TO: Director of Philanthropy Operations
LOCATION: Sarasota, FL or Remote
The Grant Specialist is a member of the Development Department and will work collaboratively across all departments to manage the full cycle of grants: research, application, submission and reporting to support the mission of All Faiths Food Bank.
• Work collaboratively with senior leadership and program staff to develop and write grant proposals, prepare grant reports, and arrange site visits and other funder-related meetings and communications.
• Prepare and submit compelling letters of inquiry and grant proposals that clearly align with funder requirements and that support the mission and vision of AFFB.
• Analyze program delivery models as it relates to requirements from funding sources to develop logic models, convert output data to outcomes measurement, and recommend changes to better fit specific, significant funding opportunities.
• Create a library of program models to be used as templates for grant submissions.
• Gather and prepare all ancillary materials to accompany grant submissions.
• Manage the tracking process and maintain a master calendar for all proposal/grant activity to include submitted proposals and submission deadlines.
• Conduct prospect research on existing and prospective grant funding sources.
• Work with Marketing/PR to ensure all grant recognition requirements are met.
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of nonprofit experience leading a grants program
• Proven success researching and securing grants from various sources including foundation, corporate and governmental.
• Excellent writing skills and through knowledge of grant application process.
• Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office
• Ability to set priorities and move multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Ability to work collaboratively and to incorporate or share feedback on written materials.
• Goal and results motivated
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
• Proactive, self-starter.
• Committed to serving vulnerable populations and ending hunger in the community served by AFFB
• Acceptance of and commitment to All Faiths Food Bank’s values, vision and mission.
Generous PTO Policy
Please send resume to: [email protected]
All Faiths Food Bank is the only food bank and largest hunger-relief organization in Sarasota and DeSoto counties, providing millions of meals each year through programs and partnerships with nearly 200 agencies throughout the community. All Faiths works not only to fight hunger today but also strives to end hunger - forever - by helping families and individuals gain long-term food security, enjoy better health outcomes, and achieve self-sufficiency. In 2020, All Faiths distributed nearly 22.5 million pounds of food, provided 60% more meals than the previous year, and rallied in the face of a 53% increase in new clients at food distributions due to the pandemic. For its efforts, All Faiths was honored as the 2021 "Nonprofit of the Year" by the Sarasota Chamber of Commerce; the organization was also recognized as a Top 4 Food Bank in the country in 2020. All Faiths is rated 4 stars by Charity Navigator and is a member of the Feeding America and Feeding Florida networks.