Would you like to make a difference in your community while pursuing your career passion? Food Bank of the Rockies is seeking a Government Programs Supervisor to join our team!
The Government Programs Supervisor is responsible for the oversight of two USDA commodity programs serving low income families and seniors within our Colorado service area: The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) and Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP). This position will supervise a team of program representatives and work closely with our partner agencies to ensure compliancy with United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and Colorado Department of Human Services (CDHS) regulations and reporting requirements in support of these programs.
What You’ll Do:
- Ensures Food Bank of the Rockies (FBR) has adequate locations within our service area counties to distribute TEFAP and CSFP per CDHS contractual requirements.
- Lead projects to improve and expand TEFAP and CSFP; further increasing number of clients served.
- Ensures USDA and CDHS food distribution regulations are adhered to; includes but not limited to: Coordinate, schedule and perform site visits annually and/or biennial dependent on program.
- Responsible for CDHS partner agency finding letters to assist partner agency for resolution and compliancy.
- Appropriate site location signage, client certification practices and record keeping on file.
- Front line staff and volunteers are civil rights and food safety certified.
- Create monthly CSFP product allocation spreadsheets and distribution calendars.
- Ensures partner agencies submit monthly inventory reports and other documents within deadlines and reviews for accuracy.
- CSFP and TEFAP monthly inventory reports; product balance and number of clients served.
- CSFP client certification applications and recertifications.
- Provide ongoing training and support to include nutrition education to partner agencies and clients.
- Training: monthly e-newsletters, quarterly webinars, track on line training certifications.
- Nutrition Information: recorded and documented per CDHS requirements.
- Consolidate and submit CDHS monthly and quarterly reports within deadlines.
- Maintains an accurate partner agency contact list for TEFAP and CSFP.
- TEFAP and CSFP client demographics and numbers served.
- Maintains records and file accuracy in preparation for multiple audits per year.
- Utilizes FBR’s databases for partner agency (CERES) and client (Link2Feed) information and reporting.
- Assists Programs Department with Link2Feed implementation and partner agency training.
- Serves as back up to USDA Commodity representatives and coordinator to FBR’s once a month Saturday CSFP distribution, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ideal Candidates Will Have:
- Commitment to fulfilling the mission of FBR; represent the FBR brand in a positive manner internally and externally
- Superb attention to detail and ability to create a positive teaming environment
- Strong customer service orientation providing excellent customer service to internal and external partners
- Must be comfortable working with and learning new technology and systems
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Maintain a professional demeanor and respond with urgency
- Demonstrated project management and process improvement skills
- Self-directed, accountable for results and proactive; independent problem solver
- Excellent organizational, time management and analytical skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Exercise independent judgement, think critically and strategically, collaborate with others and follow-through to execute projects
- Ability to communicate persuasively and articulately both verbally and in writing
- Ability to represent FBR with professional poise and work effectively with a wide range of constituents
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years prior experience leading programs with prior supervisory experience
- Government programs experience a plus
- Must have a clean driving record with a Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation to visit partner agencies as needed
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language fluently, and communicate verbally and in writing at a professional level Bilingual (Spanish) strongly preferred
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Office Suite; advanced knowledge of Excel preferred
Food Bank of the Rockies offers a competitive benefits package including health insurance, employee assistant program, paid time off, sick time, flexible schedule, paid holidays and a 401K plan.
We value diversity and inclusivity and is thus always looking to diversify our staff with an eye toward race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, and age, among other areas. Candidates who bring such diversity are encouraged to apply.
Every one of our employees is a critical part of our success. Will you be the next one to join our team? Please apply today by emailing your cover letter and resume to [email protected].
What We Do:
More than 65 million pounds of food flow through our operation every year, feeding hungry families in our surrounding communities. Our small and mighty team of 100+ employees across four locations, collectively serves 30 counties in Colorado and the entire state of Wyoming. We provide more than 145,000 meals each day to our friends and neighbors facing hunger.