The Fund Development and Grant Coordinator is responsible for implementing MFBN’s Fund Development Plan, targeting financial goals to support the fiscal year operating budget with a special emphasis on growing and cultivating new foundation and corporate support. The Coordinator will work closely with the Chief Development Officer and Director of Philanthropy coordinating relationship development with entry to mid-level donors, and cultivating grant opportunities as their primary responsibility.
Grant Writing (50%)
• Assist in identifying and coordinating grant prospects both externally and through Feeding America.
• Write grant applications, letters of inquiry, and interim and final grant reports.
• Coordinate with appropriate departments for preparation and submission of funding proposals.
• Ensure that grants management database is current and accurate, providing status reports to staff and board as requested.
Annual Giving (50%)
• Work collaboratively with the CEO, staff, board and Development Team to plan and execute annual giving programs that includes cultivation and stewardship of foundation and corporate donors during a capital campaign focused on a new MFBN facility.
• Assist with the planning, development and implementation of a strategic plan of action with objectives, timelines, and evaluation measures for the Fund Development Plan that includes identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of entry to mid-level donors.
• Ensure that gifts and grants are securely and promptly received, and send acknowledgment receipts and thank you letters in a timely manner with maximum efficiency.
• Adhere to the Code of Professional Fundraising Ethics, APRA Code of Ethics and A Donor’s Bill of Rights
• Guide MFBN’s efforts in meeting the goals laid out in the annual Fund Development Plan
• Provide regular funding updates to the Chief Development Officer and other stakeholder groups (staff, board, other)
• Comply with all Montana Food Bank Network policies and procedures
• Be sensitive to the needs of low-income people and to the diverse populations served by the Montana Food Bank Network
• Have a neat, clean appearance
• Have the ability to take initiative, think quickly and solve problems independently
• Must be willing to help agencies and volunteers with their best interest in mind under any given circumstance
• Demonstrate patience under all circumstances
• Be well-organized and dedicated to accuracy
• Perform any additional tasks and duties as assigned
• Be available to work some weekends and evenings
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field and one year of experience in similar work.
• Strong fundraising track record
• Minimum of two years experience working in grants research, writing and management
• Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Valid driver’s license
• Experience working with nonprofits
• Previous experience working with donor relations, sales, special events, and/or planned giving with a nonprofit
The salary range for this position classification is $18.00 - $21.00/hr DOE. Final offer will be based on the candidate’s ability to immediately contribute to organizational goals and apply relevant skills, while maintaining organizational pay equity.
Montana Food Bank Network offers a competitive benefits package. We strive to provide non-cash benefits that encourage a work-life balance and promote the physical, mental, and financial health of our employees and their families.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Gayle Carlson, CEO, [email protected]. Position will be open until filled.
The mission of the Montana Food Bank Network is to end hunger in Montana through food acquisition and distribution, education and advocacy. MFBN serves as a resource for food, program support and advocacy for over 360 network partners including pantries, food banks, shelters, senior centers and school programs throughout the state. In 2020, MFBN distributed 23,866,071 pounds, the equivalent of over 19.7 million meals.
The Montana Food Bank Network is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Offer of employment is contingent on successful completion of a background check.