The Food Truck Manager is primarily responsible for the complete oversight and management of the Inter-Faith Food Shuttle Food Truck. The position also works closely with the Director of Culinary and Catering with Sous Chef responsibilities supporting the preparation and distribution of food to support various Food Shuttle programs.
• Coordinate with the Business Development Manager to schedule and set up food truck and Mobile Tastiness Machine (MTM) events and vending locations.
• Experience and knowledge to prepare all menu items sold on the food truck as well as in the production kitchen.
• Cost all food items and operate within presented budget.
• Ensure that the food truck and staff are consistently punctual for scheduled service times.
• Drive the food truck with flexibility regarding schedules and locations on a day to day basis.
• Manage cash receipts. Prepare invoices or reports on spending as needed.
• Mobilize food truck and mobile prep kitchen to serve those in need if/when a disaster strike.
• Assist in preparing agency meals alongside the Kitchen Production Manager.
• Ensure the food truck/MTM consistently meets the highest of standards of operations and cleanliness.
• Guide and direct the work of Food Truck Assistant(s)
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in the culinary field or kitchen experience.
• Understanding food safety and sanitation. ServSafe Certification a plus.
• Proven ability and desire to provide an exceptional level of service to customers and team members
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on business demands (weekends and evenings)
• Proven experience with determining food and labor costs and maintaining established margins.
• Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, MS Excel)
Generous compensation and benefits package.
Send resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Inter-Faith Food Shuttle pioneers innovative, transformative solutions designed to end hunger in our community. As a member of Feeding America, the Food Shuttle distributes nearly 6 million pounds of food per year, 40% of which is fresh produce. From Senior Grocery Bags, Backpack Buddies and School Pantries; Community Health Education and Mobile Markets; Catering and Culinary Job Training; and Urban Gardening and a 10-Acre Farm; we go directly to the point of need to empower people. We feed, teach and grow to create a healthy and hunger-free North Carolina.
Inter-Faith Food Shuttle is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.