The Food Sourcing Specialist will interact extensively with members of the food industry, particularly food donors, retail industry contacts, farmers, organizations, and corporations to secure food and non-food via partnerships and donations to Food Shuttle and its partner agencies. This will entail significant contact with our local and national donors as well as our partner agencies. The Food Sourcing Specialist will work closely with all our partners to grow food resources in our service area as well as expanding our donor base to increase the amount of food and nonfood recovered and distributed.
• Thoroughly understand the Inter-Faith Food Shuttle, its mission, policies, culture, values, history, key stakeholders, and programs.
• Strengthen relationships with existing food donors and identify, solicit, and cultivate relationships with prospective local, regional, and national donors by, but not limited to, donor meetings, speaking events, cold calling, and utilizing Feeding America resources.
• Manage the Retail Donor program as well as continuing to expand it through all our service area
• Cultivate and educate food donors in the local retail grocery industry area and encourage each retail grocery store to donate food and non-food items to the Food Shuttle and/or its partners.
• Works directly with donors and Warehouse Team to resolve issues around quality and pickups.
• Coordinate receiving/distribution of acquired food and non-food with members of the Warehouse Team when necessary.
• Monitors Choice System, managing point balance and products needed. Utilizing the exchange of product through Choice and with partner food banks.
• Engage in the process of food safety, remain current and trained on all internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Feeding America best practices, and food safety SOPs applicable to this position; uphold and maintain appropriate aspects of food safety and handling and be "audit ready" at all times; successfully take and complete all food safety training applicable to this position.
• Expert knowledge on all Food Donation guidelines for each Feeding America blue donor so education can be transferred to those retailers that need assistance in training their individual departments.
• Responsible for all reporting around Retail Donor Program.
• Act as backup for food purchasing role.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• A minimum of 3-4 year of food sourcing experience required
• A minimum of 1-2 years of customer service experience required
• Demonstrated independent judgment and analysis required
• Must demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Must have excellent communication skills (verbal, public speaking, and written)
• BS/BA Degree preferred
• Clean driving record as travel required
• Valid NC driver’s license
• An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
Competitive salary and benefits package
Send resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Inter-Faith Food Shuttle pioneers innovative, transformative solutions designed to end hunger in our community. As a member of Feeding America, the Food Shuttle distributes nearly 6 million pounds of food per year, 40% of which is fresh produce. From Senior Grocery Bags, Backpack Buddies and School Pantries; Community Health Education and Mobile Markets; Catering and Culinary Job Training; and Urban Gardening and a 10-Acre Farm; we go directly to the point of need to empower people. We feed, teach and grow to create a healthy and hunger-free North Carolina.