Food Sourcing Manager position available in Baltimore, MD.
• 70% Food Sourcing: Develop relationships with brokers, distributors, retail sites, carriers, and manufacturers that lead to the receipt of usable, nutritious foods to be made available for agencies and partners. Understand and drive inventory turns to ensure those products at risk, are identified at the point of receipt and pushed through to the network.
• 30% Operational Coordination: Working with warehouse operations in all sites, understand and manage, the donation activity for inbound foods as it relates to usable vs donated foods by a partner. Attend meetings as needed or use other forms of communication to coordinate food sourcing efforts with operational goals.
• Bachelor’s degree, APICS certification preferred.
• At least 5 years of food purchasing experience and a thorough understanding of data mining/analysis tools (Excel/Tableau/etc.) and other report development tools.
• 3 years B2B in a cold-calling environment for either sourcing or selling.
• An understanding of food distribution as it relates to storage, handling and shipment of perishable, frozen and dry goods.
• A valid driver’s license is required as well as an MVR showing no prior DUI/DWI’s and fewer than 2 points against the license.
• The ability to read, write and speak English is required.
Outstanding benefits package, including generous PTO and retirement plan contribution.
Visit the Careers Page of our website at https://mdfoodbank.org/careers/.
Our mission is to lead the movement and nurture the belief that together we can improve the lives of Marylanders by ending hunger.
This employee will interact with all food donor partners, warehouse, and volunteer staff. This staff member will have interaction with various governmental agencies, USDA, FEMA, State of Maryland, growers, among others and will need to have the ability to manage the associated protocols with the associated agency. This role will develop and maintain plans associated with inbound donations and purchasing, which will best maintain and drive inventory turns plus maximize available food to the agency network. This staff member will interact with peers and colleagues across the Feeding America network to develop relationships and understand any opportunities that may exist in the area of sourcing.