Coordinate day to day activity for food & product acquisition on behalf of The Food Bank. Building, cultivating and retaining relationships with our retail and manufacturing partners as well as local growers throughout our service area. This position will report to the Chief Operations Officer and will work closely with the operations manager, food safety & sourcing manager and logistics coordinator.
• Develop new relationships and acquire new resources (including fresh produce) throughout The Food Bank 32 county service area including:
o Maintaining and cultivating relationships with the food industry including but not limited to; wholesale food distributors, food service, retailers, growers, producers, farmers, livestock producers, food banks, Conservation Department, meat lockers and food brokers.
o Expanding the acquisition of high-quality food including meat, produce, dairy, shelf stable, and recovery items.
• Acquire donated and purchased food items through the Feeding America (FA) network and beyond; negotiate freight options through the Choice System.
o Follow FA guidelines and requirements.
o Maintain and develop relationships with other FA food banks.
• Work side by side with the logistics coordinator to shop, negotiate & assign freight options for incoming loads
• Coordinate all paperwork, invoices & logistics for all incoming loads.
• Ensure an accurate product acquisition database, department reporting, donor correspondence, and mail lists are maintained for positive results.
• Create and deliver Quarterly Pulse Reports using TFB inventory system “CERES” before the 15th of the month following the close of the quarter
• Serve as a member of the food and employee safety committees
• Exceptional communication skills, including verbal and written correspondence
• Ability to be a self-starter and take initiative
• Ability to travel
• Must be able to work both independently and on a team
• Highly proficient in Microsoft and internet based programs and applications.
• Sensitive to the needs of the low income community
• Ability to work with variety of people and businesses
• Prior food banking or food acquisition/sourcing experience preferred
• Prior managerial experience preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
• Have or ability to attain a valid class E driver’s license and have acceptable driving record
• Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
Life and AD&D
Long Term Disability
Paid Time Off
401(k) with company match
Apply online: https://sharefoodbringhope.org/employment-opportunities
The Food Bank for Central & Northeast Missouri is a regional disaster and hunger relief network that acquires and distributes millions of pounds of food annually to partner agencies across a 32-county area.
A member of Feeding America, The Food Bank is able to work with manufacturers, wholesalers, processors, growers, retailers and restaurants to secure donations and food at reduced costs. Because of these partnerships, we are able to turn every dollar into $21 worth of groceries.
The Food Bank works with 140 food pantries, soup kitchens, shelters and other agencies to ensure food gets into the hands of those who need it most. We are the only food bank in the state to provide that food at no charge to other organizations.