Feeding Colorado is hiring a Food Sourcing Coordinator to assist the five food banks in securing additional agricultural and manufacturing donors throughout our state. This position will promote the mission and vision of Feeding Colorado, helping to bridge the gap between available food that may go to waste and the people in need of food assistance. This is a contract position that requires the ability to travel state-wide.
• Promote the mission and image of Feeding Colorado at all times
• Identify and cultivate new agriculture donor partnerships
• Create and manage an ongoing state-wide donor relationship management process
• Identify new, upcoming and under-performing manufacturing donor opportunities
• Identify and cultivate strategic partnerships across the state including management and monitoring of secondary market players
• Create, identify and track performance indicators and regularly report on progress
• Lead statewide food sourcing network, building food sourcing capacity for all five Colorado food banks
• Facilitate regular meetings with Food Resource and Procurement Staff
• Monthly reporting and updates to Feeding Colorado Leadership
• Membership in, and representation at, industry specific meetings
• A minimum of 25% travel
• Strong sales background (or other proven, related interpersonal skills)
• Food industry knowledge/experience (preferably supply chain or wholesale)
• Working knowledge of supply chain/inventory logistics
• Experience with SalesForce (or other CRM software) + progress/impact reporting
• Ability to work independently
• Comfortable working remotely and traveling frequently
• Understanding of wholesale food safety regulations and requirements
• Excellent communication skills + high-level knowledge of Microsoft office applications
• Preferred experience:
o Ag industry experience
o Secondary market experience
o Understanding of emerging sustainable food systems
o Experience in a non-profit environment
Please email a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
In 2001, the five food banks serving Colorado, through the Feeding America network, formed the Colorado Food Bank Association to formally collaborate and leverage their combined strengths to feed more people. The goal of the association was twofold. First, they worked to procure additional food resources from the State of Colorado and other statewide food donors. Second, they joined forces to coordinate advocacy on the state and federal levels in hopes of bringing additional awareness and support for the fight against hunger.
Feeding Colorado is the collaborative effort of the five Colorado food banks to coordinate and enhance food resources, ensuring food-insecure Coloradans have access to healthy, fresh foods. Together, the five food banks provide food to all 64 counties in Colorado and distribute food to more than 1,500 non-profit agencies statewide. These agencies include food pantries, soup kitchens, battered women’s shelters, daycare centers, and residential treatment centers, along with senior and youth programs that serve all ages and segments of our communities. Last year the five Colorado food banks distributed a combined 98 million pounds of food to those in need.
The goals of the organization, to raise awareness of the issue of hunger and to increase donations from Colorado farmers, manufacturers, and retailers, still remain the same. Feeding Colorado continues to nourish men, women, and children who struggle with hunger by distributing food to every county in Colorado.