Title Type: Entry
Full Time/Non Exempt
Food Bank/406 Deep Creek Road
$16.76 per hr.
General Duties and Responsibilities
Employee is responsible for developing and nurturing a strong donor base composed of food manufacturing and retail companies with a goal of obtaining a steady flow of food for the Food Bank.
• Schedule and conduct in person visits, meetings and presentations in a 7 county service area.
• Maintain on going relationships with current donors. Schedule and host industry visits and tours.
• Develop a spreadsheet to record solicitation activities. Prepare reports, track contacts, donations, etc. Acknowledge donation.
• Develop annual solicitation and marketing work plan. Match annual goals to long range strategic plan.
• Prepare and distribute up to date information.
• Maintain professional knowledge by attending workshops, reading publications, etc.
• Assess donor customer satisfaction. Apply feedback to performance. Monitor results.
• Collaborate with peers to strategize logistics and develop new approaches to special events.
• Prepare Choice System Bidding and acceptance, receipting. Present options to Director.
Applicant must be a self starter, able to work with minimal supervision, accountable for results.
• Must have strong written and oral communication skills. Communicates consistently on the job.
• Must be able to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
• Organizational skills are essential to success in the job.
• Must have proficient computer skills, able to prepare and make electronic presentations, reports, learn program specific software within 90 days of hire.
Required Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field. Two to four years experience in the food industry, hospitality sales or related field. Must have or be able to obtain ServSafe Certification and Food Resource Certification within first six months of hire.
Medical and Dental benefits, Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, 403 B Retirement, Vacation Leave, Sick Leave and Vacation Bonus Leave, Personal Leave, etc.
Applications may be obtained at Action Pathways, Inc., 316 Green Street, Fayetteville, NC or download an employment application at www.actionpathways.ngo. Applications and resumes will be received until the position is filled. Please direct all applications to the attention of Human Resource Department.
Action Pathways is a non-profit human services agency offering a comprehensive and supportive approach to helping families and individuals achieve and sustain economic security— effectively providing them a path forward in life. Formed in 1964, Action Pathways is part of a national network of community action programs whose promise is to change people’s lives, embody the spirit of hope, and improve our communities.