Would you like to make a difference in your community while pursuing your career passion? Food Bank of the Rockies is seeking a Food Sourcing Coordinator to join our team!
The Food Sourcing Coordinator is responsible for securing food and grocery donations for multiple Food Bank locations by calling upon established food manufacturing donors, lapsed donors, and non-donors. This role represents the Food Bank within the community and provides excellent service to our partner agencies, donors, and the public.
What You’ll Do:
- Conduct face-to-face visits, meetings, and presentations (including donor’s facility and food bank tours) with current, lapsed and prospective donors to secure donated food and grocery products.
- Develop a yearly work plan for food acquisition based on strategic planning; including identification of target donors, donor recognition activities, performance metrics, and annual outcomes/goals.
- Provide professional, responsive and appreciative customer service to all food industry partners, donor and co-workers.
- Use a tracking system which includes: a contact management tool, the ability to generate donor reports for tracking trends and volume, and a donor acknowledgement component.
- Track donations weekly by current donors, return of lapsed donors, and prospects turned to donors.
- May attend food industry events including trade shows, associations meetings, network conferences and Dare2Share activities.
- Complete courses to become certified in Food Resources training and attend food safety classes to become ServSafe certification.
- Participate in FBR’s Hunger Relief Capacity Building Program.
- Assists with special events and media events as required.
- Complete related initiatives with the Food Bank’s 5-year Strategic Plan Work with Food Sourcing Staff of other CO Food Banks to secure donors and vendors within their territory.
- May assemble a Food Advisory Council or committee of various food industry representatives.
- Work with Agency Relations to establish process for managing agencies participating in the on-line marketplace/SPD and understand the receipt process.
- Work with drivers and warehouse staff to ensure stores are ready for driver pickups and are following donation guidelines
- Other duties as assigned.
Ideal Candidates Will Have:
- Commitment to fulfilling the mission of FBR and represent the FBR brand with professional poise both internally and externally
- Excellent organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
- Self-directed, accountable for results and proactive; independent problem solver
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to communicate persuasively and articulately both verbally and in writing
- Ability to effectively present information to diverse groups of people
- Maintain a professional demeanor and respond with urgency
- Exercises independent judgement, think critically and strategically, collaborate with others and follow-through to execute projects
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituents
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree a plus 3-5 years’ experience Food Industry Sales or Grocery Retail
- Non-profit experience preferred
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language fluently, and communicate verbally and in writing at a professional level
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and office applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
- Experience using collaborative tools for file storage and sharing, meeting scheduling, and virtual collaboration; prior experience with SmartSheet a plus
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation as travel will be required
Food Bank of the Rockies offers a competitive benefits package including health insurance, employee assistant program, paid time off, sick time, flexible schedule, paid holidays and a 401K plan.
We value diversity and inclusivity and is thus always looking to diversify our staff with an eye toward race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, and age, among other areas. Candidates who bring such diversity are encouraged to apply.
Every one of our employees is a critical part of our success. Will you be the next one to join our team? Please apply today by emailing your cover letter and resume to [email protected].
What We Do:
More than 65 million pounds of food flow through our operation every year, feeding hungry families in our surrounding communities. Our small and mighty team of 100+ employees across four locations, collectively serves 30 counties in Colorado and the entire state of Wyoming. We provide more than 145,000 meals each day to our friends and neighbors facing hunger.