The Food Sourcer is responsible for the development, retention and expansion of food donation accounts with local and national donors in an 11-county service area. This position is also responsible for local food drives, instrumental to the food safety team and assists with truck driving and warehouse duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Works with all departments to ensure the appropriate levels of inventory are obtained to support all programs. Acts as purchasing agent for West Ohio Food Bank, coordinating access and transportation that provides the most beneficial contracts for donated and purchased products.
• Research potential new food sources; creates, maintains and shares a tracking system of potential suppliers while developing sourcing strategies to meet the distribution demand.
• Identifies new purchasing options and strategies that improve efficiencies; Project, track and document purchasing activities, create purchase orders with prior approval from CEO.
• Secure increased donated grocery products from local product donors including but not limited to manufacturers, distributors, retailers and hospitality industry.
• Maintains great relationships with key stakeholders, including government agencies, state associations, local partnerships, Feeding America and other food banks.
• Researches, implements and executes food purchasing strategies as it relates to grants and other restricted funding.
• Coordinates all organizational food and product drives; works with schools, churches, businesses, and community groups to sponsor, schedule, develop, support, and collect food and non-food drives or to acquire product for the needs of partner agencies. This includes but is not limited to Stamp Out Hunger, Holiday donations/drives, etc.
• Coordinate food donor recognition efforts including regular thank you letters and yearly recognition awards in partnership with CEO and COO.
• Participate in strategy and planning with CEO and COO to ensure that donor cultivation efforts are well-coordinated, executed and tracked so that the database can serve as a strong cultivation tool for the department.
• Provides weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports as required to Feeding America, Ohio Department of Job & Family Services, Ohio Association of Foodbanks and other donors within West Ohio Food Bank’s 11-county service area.
• Responds to special needs/requirements of food donors.
• Lead quantity and timing of product purchases given current demand forecasts and inventory strategies based on acquisition lead times and inventory best practices.
• Works closely with Distribution Team to ensure products identified to purchase/accept has a strategy for distribution in our 11-county service area ensuring adequate inventory turns to reduce waste and/or spoilage.
• Coordinate local food drives in our 11-county service area.
• Partner with the Distribution Coordinator to assist with food distributions in the 11 - county service area.
Lead food safety standards by following the established West Ohio Food Bank American Institute of Baking (AIB) standards.
Promotes a cooperative spirit within the organization and among internal and external participants while also providing relationship building and superior customer service to all neighbors and partner organizations.
Responds to and resolve partner requests and/or concerns.
Travel and work within West Ohio Food Bank’s 11-county service area to fulfill duties and responsibilities.
Attends Feeding America, Ohio Department of Job & Family Services, and Ohio Association of Foodbanks seminars and trainings as required.
Complete Certification in Food Resources Training through Feeding America.
Complies with and meets departmental goals and objectives that directly align with West Ohio Food Bank’s Strategic Plan.
Cross-trained with other warehouse positions and food bank software.
Assist with food distributions as needed.
Receives and maintains ServSafe certification.
Perform any other duties/responsibilities that may be requested by the CEO or designee and West Ohio Food Bank.
College degree and/or high school diploma or equivalent with 3-5 years of experience in sales and marketing to retail customers. Warehouse/distribution experience including retail grocery experience a plus. Experience working with a non-profit organization preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to pass alcohol/drug screening and background checks.
• Willingness to travel and possession of a valid motor vehicle license with no moving violations and insurable.
• Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc.).
• Excellent organization, project management, and time management skills with attention to detail and follow through.
• Customer focused philosophy and proven ability to prioritize, plan and manage multiple tasks and agendas.
• Excellent relationship building skills with an ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to effectively manage numerous projects simultaneously and work independently.
• Work well with other staff in a collaborative effort to improve efficiencies and effectiveness of the organization.
• Ability to pass alcohol/drug screening and background checks at hire and randomly throughout the year.
• Receive and maintain ServSafe Certification.
• Advanced Microsoft Office/Excel experience required.
• Ability to follow standard operating procedures.
Health, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance Available, Paid Time Off
West Ohio Food Bank is the largest food distribution system in West Ohio coordinating, collecting, warehousing and distributing food. The process of getting food to individuals in need requires a dynamic infrastructure and sophisticated management. West Ohio Food Bank secures donations from national food and grocery manufacturers, retailers, shippers, packers and growers and from government agencies, individuals and other organizations. They in turn distribute food and grocery items, ensuring the safe storage and reliable distribution of goods to local food pantries and meal programs that served over 5 million meals to children, families, seniors and other groups at risk of hunger. For more information visit us at www.westohiofoodbank.org, find us on Facebook.com/West Ohio Food Bank or follow us on twitter.com/WestOhioFB.