Food Share Garden Coordinator position available in Medford, OR.
• Implement organic growing practices and harvest procedures. Develop new Food Share Gardens, where appropriate through partnerships and collaborations with other community organizations.
• Train and coordinate Food Share Garden volunteers according to ACCESS policies.
• Promote community engagement in Food Share Gardens and other relevant events via written and verbal outreach activities.
• Assist in developing garden budgets and grants in conjunction with Nutrition Director, tracking and recording garden expenditures. Create and provide reports for garden activities as needed.
• Belief in the ACCESS mission to help people help themselves.
• Ability to lift 25 pounds consistently.
• Minimum 2 years of experience with organic farming and/or large-scale vegetable gardening.
• Demonstrated communication skills and teamwork.
• Excellent computer skills including proficiency in software programs including but not limited to Microsoft Office products and web-based applications. Preferred Qualifications
• Experience in volunteer management.
Health, Dental, RX, Vision, FSA, Vacation, Sick, Holidays, 403B Plan
Applicants are asked to visit www.accesshelps.org for additional information and application documents.
ACCESS is the Community Action Agency of Jackson County. Providing through a partnership with a caring community immediate and long-term solutions that lead people in need toward self-sufficiency.
The Food Share Garden Coordinator works with ACCESS Nutrition staff and community representatives to identify, prioritize and develop new fresh produce resources in Jackson County. This position is responsible for overseeing and managing Food Share Garden activities and volunteers. The Food Share Garden Coordinator will plan and promote educational activities as well as train and coordinate volunteers.