The FRD Coordinator will interact extensively with members of the food industry, particularly local food donors, retail industry contacts, organizations, and corporations to secure food and non-food via retail partnerships, food drives, and packing events for the Food Shuttle and its partner agencies. This will entail significant contact with our local and national donors as well as our partner agencies. The FRD Coordinator will work closely with our partner agencies to grow food resources locally in our service area as well as expanding our donor and agency base.
• Thoroughly understand the Inter-Faith Food Shuttle, its mission and policies, culture, values, history, key stakeholders, and programs.
• Strengthen relationships with existing food donors and identify, solicit, and cultivate relationships with new local food donors by, but not limited to, donor visits and speaking events.
• Coordinate logistics to access food and non-food from relationships, including setting up agencies, and transportation.
• Build new food drive partnerships in the community to support growth of pounds.
• Build and strengthen relationships on a consistent basis with donors, Food Recovery & Distribution Staff, and partner agencies.
• Cultivate and educate food donors in the local retail grocery industry area and encourage each retail grocery store to donate food and non-food items to the Food Shuttle and/or its partners, this includes recruiting for Food Drives and events.
• Document and report on visits, contacts, accomplishments, and potential food resource development opportunities.
• Sole contact for donor or partner agency concerns or questions.
• Successfully complete all food safety training required by the organization.
• Provide training to partner agencies to operate within the standards of the Food Shuttle’s Retail Donation Program and Food Drives. This entails:
o Work with partner agencies and ensure they understand the importance of food safety and traceability.
o Get to know the partner agencies, their capacity, and distribution models to help them grow their ability to serve their community.
o Provide follow-up with partner agencies to ensure that receipt of donation categories is properly documented.
• Coordinate receiving/distribution of acquired food and non-food with all members of the Warehouse Team when necessary.
• Work with Communication Department to development marketing material and social media around Food Drive and packing events.
• Engage in the process of food safety remain current and trained on all internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Feeding America best practices, and food safety SOPs applicable to this position; uphold and maintain appropriate aspects of food safety and handling and be "audit ready" at all times; successfully take and complete all food safety training applicable to this position.
• Expert knowledge on all Food Donation guidelines for each Feeding America blue donor so education can be transferred to those retailers that need assistance in training their individual departments.
• Solicit, help organize, and lead packing events with organizations and/or corporations.
• Responsible for all reporting around Food Drives and Retail Donor Program
• Other related duties as assigned.
• A minimum of 1-2 years of customer service experience required
• Demonstrated independent judgment and analysis required
• Must demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Must have excellent communication skills (verbal, public speaking, and written)
• High School diploma required
• BS/BA Degree preferred
• Excellent driving record as travel required
• Valid NC driver’s license
• Mostly office environment with some warehousing
• Local travel required
• Donor and Agency visits throughout service area
• Some afterhours, weekend, and holiday work required
• Some leading of volunteer groups and interns
• Able to lift 25lbs
• Standing and walking for long time frames
• Driving during day and night
• Inter-Faith Food Shuttle Medical Benefits Plan: The Food Shuttle currently contributes 65% of the employee Core Medical Plan, 65% of the employee Dental Plan, and 100% towards the employees Life Insurance.
• Simple IRA: The Food Shuttle provides a matching contribution equal to 100% of your elective deferrals, up to a limit of 3% of your compensation for the calendar year
• Paid Time Off: Fifteen (15) Paid Time Off (PTO) days annually. .
• Paid Holidays: Ten (10) designated paid holidays per year, including your birthday.
If you are interested in being considered for the position, and meet the qualifications, please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Inter-Faith Food Shuttle pioneers innovative, transformative solutions designed to end hunger in our community. As a member of Feeding America, the Food Shuttle distributes nearly 6 million pounds of food per year, 40% of which is fresh produce. From Senior Grocery Bags, Backpack Buddies and School Pantries; Community Health Education and Mobile Markets; Catering and Culinary Job Training; and Urban Gardening and a 14-Acre Farm; we go directly to the point of need to empower people. We feed, teach and grow to create a healthy and hunger-free North Carolina.