The Food Purchasing Coordinator assists the Food Purchasing Manager in developing relationships directly with food manufacturers to procure the best quality/brand product at the lowest market price.
• Initiate food purchases, including grant purchasing, to maintain a solid inventory of dry, chilled, and frozen food.
• Obtain quotes from vendors, manufacturers, and suppliers including the following information: brand, label, nutritional information, photos, and shelf life.
• Process POs in Navision, maintain and update PO details in Excel daily.
• Follow the invoice and liaise with vendor account for required documents.
• Monitor the ETAs and communicate daily with the vendors for updates.
• Maintain database of food that is scheduled for delivery and keep the warehouse abreast of scheduling updates.
• Report on delayed shipments.
• Indicate the short fall inventory items.
• Follow and maintain the shelf life procedures.
• Assist with grant purchasing for programs.
• Coordinate fund food purchases for Brown Bag Program, Food for Children, Extra Helpings and Food Assistance Program in order to maintain adequate levels in inventory to supply programs.
• Initiate planning conversations about holiday food purchases in August in order to acquire food for holiday baskets and place orders for holiday ham purchases for Brown Bag prior to the holiday season.
• Maintain records and archives for the department.
• Associates Degree preferred and at least 2 years food and beverage purchasing required. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. A background or education in nutrition is helpful but not required.
• Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office (Word and Excel) and order processing systems.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Self-starter, strong organizational skills, attention to detail and creative problem solving.
• Strong communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative setting with people of diverse backgrounds and circumstances.
• Ability to rarely lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide an inclusive, collaborative, and creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Please send your resume and any supporting documents to [email protected] with the subject line: “Food Purchasing Coordinator.” Email submission is preferred. Or by mail to: Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano, Attn: Human Resources, 4010 Nelson Avenue, Concord, CA 94520
This is a part-time position. Health benefits are not offered. In instances of a federal, state or locally declared emergency, Food Bank is typically considered an essential service and emergency responder; all of its employees may be called in to perform regular or emergent duties.