To support Northern Illinois Food Bank’s strategic plan and its derivatives including the challenge to systematically to grow food resources. Primary responsibility is to support the Food Bank’s food acquisition programs, particularly donated food sourcing, donor cultivation, and supply chain economics to ensure that Food Bank activities and practices support the needs of its agencies in conjunction with operational objectives and food safety standards.
• Provide reports and analytics to help drive food donation strategies, actions, and service levels in consideration of agency demand and inventory levels.
• Proactively communicate and collaborate across teams to:
• Create and share food sourcing dashboard monthly.
• Inventory needs and acceptance of donation Offers.
• Shipping and receiving parameters.
• Code-date, labeling and food safety requirements.
• Research and prospect for new donors and conduct visits with existing donors which drive collaborative process improvement across the Food Bank’s operations.
• Visit food companies, distributors, processors and other food industry locations when necessary to ensure an acceptable quality, condition and shelf-life of offered product is being met.
• Track data from driver donation documentation, which may include supervision of Skill-based volunteer
• Support CRM platform(s) and procedures used by network agencies to report direct donation activity from food donor partners.
• Provide exemplary and professional customer service that will attract not only new, but repetitive and reoccurring food donations.
• Oversee the day to day data and correspondence surrounding our Starbucks program.
• Participate, as directed, in internal and external audits.
• Employees may assigned other duties, in addition to, or in lieu of those described above, according to the needs of the operations team.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• 2 years of college or equivalent work experience
• Food industry, food banking, or sales experience
• Excellent Interpersonal Skills/Relationship building
• Capable of maintaining multiple accounts and completing follow up correspondence on a regular basis.
• Strong customer service
• Verbal communications
• Prospecting and cultivation skills
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experience
• Experience in food industry, sales and customer service strongly preferred.
Full Time Benefits Apply
Northern Illinois Food Bank – a proud member of Feeding America – is the source of nutritious food, innovative feeding programs, and hope for more than 71,500 people each week. As a 501©3 non-profit organization with a goal of solving hunger in our 13-county service area, we rely on generous donors, volunteers, and community partners – the local food pantries and feeding programs, food manufacturers and retailers, companies, foundations, and individuals who join with us in our vision for no one to be hungry in Northern Illinois.