Regional Food Bank seeking Food Bank Director to lead a team dedicated to creating an efficient food distribution system and supporting a network of partners that together will end hunger in Northeast Pennsylvania.
The Food Bank Director is a leader that is skilled at developing people, processes, and collaboration.
The Food Bank Director provides leadership and direction to the Food Bank operations, including food acquisition, warehousing, distribution, logistics, inventory, compliance, facilities and fleet management, food and workplace safety, and metrics. The Food Bank Director will collaborate with the Executive Director and the Commission on Economic Opportunity’s (CEO’s) senior leadership team to support CEO’s mission, strategic plan, policies, goals and objectives. The new hire will support upcoming opportunities for growth including data collection & reporting, maximizing use of technology, and change management – both internal with staff and external with partners.
• Honesty, integrity and commitment to fighting hunger with nutritious food.
• Ability to relate effectively with other staff, volunteers, agency representatives, and the general public.
• Must have clear understanding of and ability to articulate the mission of CEO and the Weinberg Pennsylvania Regional Food Bank.
• Ability to complete work in an accurate, effective and timely manner.
• Ability to perform physical labor as necessary to assist in achieving Food Bank’s mission.
Specific to Position:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution preferred.
• Five years minimum experience in warehouse management required.
• Food industry management experience preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Creative problem-solver with strong organizational, analytical, planning, and management skills.
• Strong computer skills including proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and inventory management and logistics systems.
• Excellent people management skills to supervise and motivate staff and volunteers.
• Demonstrated experience is implementation of productivity improvements, process and quality management, performance management; and metrics development.
Salary and benefits: Competitive Salary based on experience plus full benefits package include healthcare benefits effective the first of month after hire, vision and dental, 401(b) retirement, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, as well as vacation, sick and personal days.
E-mail resume and cover letter to [email protected]
CEO is a nonprofit community action agency established in 1965 to combat poverty and promote self-sufficiency among low-income and vulnerable populations. Since 1996, CEO has operated The Weinberg Food Bank with a mission to reduce hunger and promote healthy nutrition among the indigent, especially children and the elderly.
The Weinberg Food Bank is a member of Feeding America.