Regional Food Bank seeking Director to lead a team dedicated to creating an efficient food distribution system and supporting a network of partners that together will end hunger in Northeast Pennsylvania.
The Food Bank Director is a leader that is skilled at developing people, processes, and collaboration. The Food Bank Director provides leadership and direction to the Food Bank operations, including food acquisition, warehousing, distribution, logistics, inventory, compliance, facilities and fleet management, food and workplace safety, and metrics. The Food Bank Director will collaborate with the Executive Director and CEO’s senior leadership team to support CEO’s mission, strategic plan, policies, goals and objectives. The new hire will support upcoming opportunities for growth including data collection & reporting, maximizing use of technology, and change management – both internal with staff and external with partners.
• Honesty, integrity and commitment to fighting hunger with nutritious food.
• Ability to relate effectively with other staff, volunteers, agency representatives, and the general public.
• Must have clear understanding of and ability to articulate the mission of CEO and the Weinberg Pennsylvania Regional Food Bank.
• Ability to complete work in an accurate, effective and timely manner.
• Ability to perform physical labor as necessary to assist in achieving Food Bank’s mission.
Specific to Position:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution preferred.
• Five years minimum experience in warehouse management required.
• Food industry management experience preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Creative problem-solver with strong organizational, analytical, planning, and management skills.
• Strong computer skills including proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and inventory management and logistics systems.
• Excellent people management skills to supervise and motivate staff and volunteers.
• Demonstrated experience in implementation of productivity improvements, process and quality management, performance management; and metrics development.
Salary and benefits: $90,000 plus full benefits package includes healthcare benefits effective the first of the month after hire, vision and dental, 401(b) retirement, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, as well as vacation, sick and personal days.
Submit Cover Letter and Resume to [email protected]
The Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Northeast Pennsylvania Regional Food Bank is a program of the Commission on Economic Opportunity. The Commission on Economic Opportunity is a community based, not-for-profit 501(c)(3) corporation created in 1966 by the Luzerne County Commissioners. A strong sense of mission and seasoned expertise in responding to community needs are hallmarks of CEO's success. Under the leadership of Gene Brady who has served as Executive Director for the past 43 years, the agency has grown from a $750,000 organization into a multi-faceted organization with an operating budget in excess of $33,000,000. Today, CEO maintains a presence in six separate facilities and employs a staff of approximately 100. The Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Northeast Regional Food Bank, dedicated in 1996, began with 18 member agencies distributing approximately 1.1 million pounds of food and grocery products. Long before the Food Bank’s existence, CEO was engaged in community food programs, including a senior market, a canning center and since the mid-1980’s has been Luzerne County’s lead agency for The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP). Last year the food bank distributed 19.7 million pounds of food via 176 member agencies offering more than 13 million meals to hungry children, adults and the elderly.
CEO is governed by a 12 member Board of Directors comprised of three constituencies with equal representation: consumers, public sector, and private sector. Exemplary leadership in the position of board chairman was demonstrated for more than a decade by the late Monsignor Andrew McGowan. Currently, CEO is fortunate to have the dedication and diligence of a tripartite board of directors representing the public sector, the private sector, and constituents receiving services from CEO. The Weinberg Food Bank Advisory Council is 33 members strong with representation from partner agencies, local government, food and agriculture industries, school districts, corporate funders, as well as private volunteers and donors.
The CEO/Weinberg Northeast Regional Food Bank collects food from the entire food system - from growers to retailers. A network of partners works with the Food Bank to move the food from warehouse to table - quickly and efficiently. The network relies heavily on volunteers, small non-profit organizations and faith-based community services. Since 1996, CEO has operated the Weinberg Northeast Regional Food Bank, serving four counties in northeast PA: Luzerne, Lackawanna, Susquehanna and Wyoming. The mission of the CEO/Weinberg Food Bank is to reduce hunger and promote healthy nutrition among poor and vulnerable people, especially children and the elderly. The Weinberg Regional Food Bank operates from the Monsignor Andrew J. McGowan Center for Healthy Living. The state of the art, 50,000 square foot distribution center, opened in 2015 and not only allows the Food Bank to receive and distribute much more food, but also brings more healthy food to families, children and seniors struggling with hunger. The Weinberg Food Bank is committed to constant growth and developing innovative solutions to hunger.