The position of Financial Director will report to the President and CEO, and will be responsible to manage all financial activities of the organization including budgeting, forecasting, financial reporting, annual audit, regulatory compliance, business analysis, and payroll. As part of the senior management team also participates in the strategic planning process, as well as Board of Director meetings as needed.
- Oversees all aspects of the organization’s financial management including accounting functions, cash flow and investment management, banking relationships, financial reporting, payroll, and the annual audit process.
- Manages and develops a team of finance professionals
- Ensures all resources are optimally leveraged to most effectively support the organization’s mission.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate internal control processes.
- Prepares monthly financial reports including income statement, balance sheet, cash flow analysis, and financial projections for the President and CEO, Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
- Oversees and monitors the integrity of the general ledger and management systems to accurately report financial activity.
- In partnership with the President and CEO and Management Team, develops and monitors annual budgets. Effectively communicates budget process with department management.
- Assesses and mitigates organization’s business risk.
- Prepares financial analysis to support the business decision-making process of the President and CEO and Management Team.
- Must be a skilled professional with strong accounting background, prior experience managing financial resources; requires a strong working knowledge of accounting systems; financial planning and analysis, including budgeting cash flow and insurance management.
- Experience with non-profit accounting and operations of a comparable organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics (Master’s degree or CPA/CMA is helpful)
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a financial leadership role
- Excellent verbal, analytical, and written skills
- Ability to adapt, work collaboratively, and problem solve in a dynamic, mission driven environment
- Demonstrated a commitment to servant leadership in prior roles
Feeding America West Michigan offers competitive compensation and very attractive benefits package, including vacation, and paid time off, medical, dental package, generous 403(b) retirement matching, company paid life insurance, as well as short term and long term disability plans.
Email or Send resume and inquiries to: Brenda Ward, ([email protected]), 864 West River Center Dr., Comstock Park, MI 49321. Include 'Financial Director' in the subject line.
Feeding America West Michigan has served 40 counties in Michigan for the past 40 years. Delivering 25 million to 30 million pounds of food annually, the Food Bank serves about 900 agency partners. It operates out of its main facility in Comstock Park, MI (near Grand Rapids), as well as branch facilities in Benton Harbor, MI and Cadillac, MI.