The Agricultural Sourcing Farm to Foodbanks Coordinator supports the Farm to Foodbanks Director with executing produce loads and administrative duties. This includes establishing relationships and systems to help effectively distribute surplus produce.
Position is virtual; highly prefer residency in the Carolinas or Jacksonville FL area; Southeastern US will be considered.
• Support FTC objectives to secure as much fresh produce as possible for our member food banks, agencies, and clients.
• Work closely with the Farm to Foodbanks Director and food bank member partners to ensure quality standards, evaluate needs, and assist coordinating local, state, and national donations. This includes executing produce loads, acting as the liaison between the donor, foodbank, transportation, and Feeding America staff.
• Provide professional responsive and appreciative customer service to all food industry partners, donors, and co-workers.
• Collaborate with food bank members’ internal departments to maximize donation opportunities.
• Maintain collaborative relationships with Feeding America national office and member network staff as required.
• Responsible for tracking donations by commodities/categories, donor, foodbank, produce pounds, admin. fees, etc. and providing monthly, quarterly, and fiscal year reports including charts.
• Attend state association/food industry events including trade shows, association meetings, and network conferences as needed.
• Provide coverage for Farm to Food Banks Director as needed.
• Other duties assigned by FTC staff.
• Some travel may be required
Knowledge and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills. In particular, the ability to understand and organize detailed information.
• Strong analytical skills
• Customer-focused approach.
• Excellent organizational and planning skills; problem analysis and critical thinking skills.
• Ability to juggle and adapt to multiple projects with diligence and accuracy while adhering to deadlines; keen sense of urgency required.
• Proficiency in data management and Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel.
• Ability to travel, valid driver’s license, and a personal vehicle.
• Initiative-taker who can manage a wide range of tasks and work independently with little or no supervision.
• 5 years’ experience in fresh produce industry – category management, procurement, and/or distribution.
• Food bank experience in food sourcing.
100% employer paid health insurance - employee
PTO and holidays
Retirement plan - 3% match
Send resume and cover letter to Cindy at [email protected]
Feeding the Carolinas is North and South Carolina’s network of food banks working to solve hunger. Our network unites 10 member food banks to provide a healthy, adequate, and consistent food supply to every community every day. Feeding the Carolinas member food banks support more than 3,700 local charitable agencies, which provide food directly to individuals and families in need to ensure a hunger-free Carolinas. Each year, the Feeding the Carolinas network provides food to the 2.3 million Carolinians facing hunger, including over 670,000 children. Feeding the Carolinas is a unified voice regarding hunger and food insecurity by focusing on each community’s needs.